Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

Aww.. Precious :)

My partridge and silver partridge chicks from my own flock. Hoping for a pair, they are only 5 weeks old.

Beautiful colors. Please keep the pictures coming as they mature.
[COLOR=800080]Beautiful babies SeclusionFarms and Momma 2 silkies [/COLOR]
clap.gif
[COLOR=800080]and a WooHoo for ChickNmamma [/COLOR]
jumpy.gif
[COLOR=800080]!!![/COLOR] [COLOR=800080]Here's a couple of my partridge babies. I think I may have TWO silver partridges [/COLOR]
fl.gif
[COLOR=800080]which I have wanted for sooooo long, and a blue partridge, and a golden partridge. They are just now getting their crest feathers - it is so funny and cute - their little bodies are already pretty fluffy.[/COLOR]

Beautiful babies SeclusionFarms and Momma 2 silkies
clap.gif
and a WooHoo for ChickNmamma
jumpy.gif
!!!

Here's a couple of my partridge babies. I think I may have TWO silver partridges
fl.gif
which I have wanted for sooooo long, and a blue partridge, and a golden partridge. They are just now getting their crest feathers - it is so funny and cute - their little bodies are already pretty fluffy.

Very Cute! Love how partridge chicks come in so many beautiful colors :)

Well, mamma broody got off the nest today to eat, drink, terrorize other chickens and poop. I felt the eggs that were due yesterday and they all felt too cool. So, while she was off I stole them all and candled them - all clear
hit.gif

She has one cute Partridge chick. I think I will slip some of the ones that hatched 4 or 5 days ago under her tonight - see if she will broody them for me. I am going to have to check fertility on the Minky eggs I have been putting in the incubator. All the eggs looked like early quitters - not even a blood ring but the yolks were dark reddish orange. One of those I got from Minky when we got home - so I don't think it was the road trip that did it.

Ah well - there will be more.

Will get a picture when she brings the puffball out - there are no more eggs in the nest now.

So disappointing :( We'll have to wait for Minky to start laying then...Can't wait to see pictures of the one chick that hatched and the others from the incubator.
Well, mamma broody got off the nest today to eat, drink, terrorize other chickens and poop.  I felt the eggs that were due yesterday and they all felt too cool.  So, while she was off I stole them all and candled them - all clear :hit

She has one cute Partridge chick.  I think I will slip some of the ones that hatched 4 or 5 days ago under her tonight - see if she will broody them for me.  I am going to have to check fertility on the Minky eggs I have been putting in the incubator.  All the eggs looked like early quitters - not even a blood ring but the yolks were dark reddish orange.  One of those I got from Minky when we got home - so I don't think it was the road trip that did it.

Ah well - there will be more.

Will get a picture when she brings the puffball out - there are no more eggs in the nest now.

Quote: You may be a newby, but that is an EXCELLENT evaluation.

Looking at the hen, her back is rather long, and her colour is pretty light. Because of that, I would suggest trying the first boy whose thype is better, but colouring is wrong (silver ground, not gold, but as a plus, he has mahogany) and hope that second generation will get rid of the silver. Could also try setting from the second boy and seeing what you get.

Back
Top Bottom