Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

Hi everyone! I know it's a long shot, but if there is anyone that has any breeders in there partridge program that may have come from my program eggs that were sold by me last season an you wouldn't mind selling eggs back to me, please get in touch with me. I lost my entire flock this winter when our goat went on a rampage tearing up all my fencing while we were at a wake for the weekend. We live out in the country where there are many predators and they where all gone/dead when we returned
hit.gif
. Needless to say...the goat was given away and fencing replaced. My beloved partridge silkies are gone though and they were my favorite breed. If by chance there is someone who may have eggs available that decended from my stock and would be willing to sell me eggs, I would be soo greatful. Thanks guys!

Poor babies! I hope someone has your descendants and reads this thread!

I've been learning from my hit-and-miss mistakes too. Just came from the vet w/ a Silkie that got knocked from a nestbox by a clumsy LF. I'm seriously thinking of separating them but I only have 2 Silkies and 2 LF. You'd think that was safe enough but NO I have to deal w/ sweet but clumsy LF. Why do hens all want the SAME nestbox when there are others to use? I have one Ameraucana that has to toodle around all the nests til she sits on top of a Silkie to lay her egg. Dumb-dumbs!

So sorry for your loss!

Thanks for the kindness too Pam and your compliments. It was a lot of hard work and money and sweet, sweet birds all gone now. A lot of sadness. I lived in McDonough, GA as a child and My husband has Aunts that are close to Dalton area. Are you near either of those? Your birds are just lovely as well. Noticed you have a schnauzer! We have 2 new mini schnauser puppies as well!!

I live in Trenton, GA. About 25 miles South of Chattanooga. Were you at the Dalton show earlier in the month?

Thanks for the kindness too Pam and your compliments. It was a lot of hard work and money and sweet, sweet birds all gone now. A lot of sadness. I lived in McDonough, GA as a child and My husband has Aunts that are close to Dalton area. Are you near either of those? Your birds are just lovely as well. Noticed you have a schnauzer! We have 2 new mini schnauser puppies as well!!

Yeah, my Schnauzer is wiping his dog-food mustache on me as we speak. Thanks for the compliments on the birds!

Poor babies! I hope someone has your descendants and reads this thread!

I've been learning from my hit-and-miss mistakes too. Just came from the vet w/ a Silkie that got knocked from a nestbox by a clumsy LF. I'm seriously thinking of separating them but I only have 2 Silkies and 2 LF. You'd think that was safe enough but NO I have to deal w/ sweet but clumsy LF. Why do hens all want the SAME nestbox when there are others to use? I have one Ameraucana that has to toodle around all the nests til she sits on top of a Silkie to lay her egg. Dumb-dumbs!

So sorry for your loss!
Thanks for your kind words as well. I am sorry bout your lil silky. Hens can be so silly. Maybe try a nesting box on the ground in the corner for your lil silkies. Thats where I put them for mine when I had them...then maybe just the silkies will fight over them and no chance of them falling too far...lol...

Brown Chicka Brown Cow there is a lady that used to post often on this thread that has your lines. She hasn't been on here in a good while though. I have PM'd her to see if I could make contact with her and asked her to view the thread. Sorry for your loss and I hope this helps!
hugs.gif

Brown Chicka Brown Cow there is a lady that used to post often on this thread that has your lines. She hasn't been on here in a good while though. I have PM'd her to see if I could make contact with her and asked her to view the thread. Sorry for your loss and I hope this helps!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
Oh, thank you soooo much! You have no idea how sweet that is!!!
fl.gif
Can't hurt to hope
smile.png

Thanks for your kind words as well. I am sorry bout your lil silky. Hens can be so silly. Maybe try a nesting box on the ground in the corner for your lil silkies. Thats where I put them for mine when I had them...then maybe just the silkies will fight over them and no chance of them falling too far...lol...

We tried that before but ALL the breeds want the same nestbox (the first elevated box-hole at the entrance) and the Ameraucana wants to sit on top of any soft Silkie to lay her eggs. Like I said - Dumb-dumbs! LOL

Now are you SURE you want to go through all that again with new little dumb-dumbs? Just kidding - we all would!

We tried that before but ALL the breeds want the same nestbox (the first elevated box-hole at the entrance) and the Ameraucana wants to sit on top of any soft Silkie to lay her eggs. Like I said - Dumb-dumbs! LOL

Now are you SURE you want to go through all that again with new little dumb-dumbs? Just kidding - we all would!
Absolutely....chicken tv....need the extra humor/therapy....and something for my mind to obsess over...kids are getting tired of it being them...lol...

Back
Top Bottom