Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

Thanks I know she’s a pullet, I had her DNA tested when I bought her!😊
Was more curious about the color and the extreme difference in her color from the time I got her up until now was interesting.😊
If she came from parents of Birchen birds, she maybe abit darker.

Not sure if this is the right place to post... are there different varieties of partridge? I know it may be hard to tell since she's only 3 weeks, but what variety would she be? (if there are different varieties of partridge silkies) Is there a way to know what she will look like when she is older, or do they all look the same? (I haven't read through all the pages so this question may have been answered)
Sorry, I'm a bit clueless when it comes to chickens.

(also not sure on gender, but that question will have to wait!)
1623101945487.png

1623102019678.png

1623102157438.png

Not sure if this is the right place to post... are there different varieties of partridge? I know it may be hard to tell since she's only 3 weeks, but what variety would she be? (if there are different varieties of partridge silkies) Is there a way to know what she will look like when she is older, or do they all look the same? (I haven't read through all the pages so this question may have been answered)
Sorry, I'm a bit clueless when it comes to chickens.

(also not sure on gender, but that question will have to wait!)
View attachment 2708479
View attachment 2708482
View attachment 2708486
Yes, there are many shades of partridge and then mixed partridge colors like my pullet.
They are often chipmunk striped as chicks, but then change as they feather out. Can be a surprise everytime. Not sure what to call your little sweetie!😊

Maybe? I think this bird is her father. Not sure, but it a rooster the breeder had. He does not keep track and has all of his birds together. Most of his birds are recessive white, which I know in silkies can often carry partridge.😊View attachment 2708500
He maybe the father. White, Recessive, or Dominant can hide alot of other color genes.

Here are mine, and then my last pullet which is a buff.

David (Ew, David!)
View attachment 2708520
Crow (The Crows Have Eyes)
View attachment 2708523
Cheese (Fold The Cheese!)
View attachment 2708521

David is the male, anyone know what would happen if I need him to Crow and Cheese?
Red Partridge X Silver Partridge = Gold/Silver Split Partridge males, & Gold Partridge Females.

You should expect a diluted version of partridge through breeding him with the Buff hen.

Back
Top Bottom