Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

Makes total sense.....hmmmm, I could always come up with dirt colored Silkies. LoL. Actually. ....saw a chocolate/brown colored Silkie on one of the threads and I fell in LOVE. I used to raise/show brown standard poodles...we raise brown Muscovy & chocolate Runners.......seems I have a thing for animals that hide dirt!
big_smile.png

Your Silkie is adorable btw.

Brown is good....gray is good...hide the dirt...we're thinking along same lines!

BTW - don't know which of my Silkies you thought adorable but this is how my little Partridge girl looked after a mean Marans chewed on her before we realized she wasn't molting! Even her little walnut comb got eaten off!

This was the cute little fluffball as a 6-month pullet but she never looked this pretty again after the Marans incident.

Today the Partridge has regrown her chewed off feathers but of course the chewed-off comb is completely gone. Consequently, the Black Silkie has always looked more fully feathered than the Partridge. Both girls have been backyard ranged so they come running with cobwebs and debris in their "hair" and the Black Silkie is such an OCD hen she scratches so hard that she's permanently lost a couple outside toenails and lost half of her outside toes too. She's technically a 41/2 toed Silkie now!
lau.gif

Brown is good....gray is good...hide the dirt...we're thinking along same lines! BTW - don't know which of my Silkies you thought adorable but this is how my little Partridge girl looked after a mean Marans chewed on her before we realized she wasn't molting! Even her little walnut comb got eaten off! This was the cute little fluffball as a 6-month pullet but she never looked this pretty again after the Marans incident. Today the Partridge has regrown her chewed off feathers but of course the chewed-off comb is completely gone. Consequently, the Black Silkie has always looked more fully feathered than the Partridge. Both girls have been backyard ranged so they come running with cobwebs and debris in their "hair" and the Black Silkie is such an OCD hen she scratches so hard that she's permanently lost a couple outside toenails and lost half of her outside toes too. She's technically a 4[SUP]1/2[/SUP] toed Silkie now! :lau
Holy cow! Just saw your response. ..I meant your Silkie (s) are lovely btw. Poor little Partridge. ..yikes! But your black hen is sooooo pretty.....even minus a 1/2 toe. LoL

So I thought I might have blue partridge chucks but now I'm uncertain. I have 4.....but these 2 chicks show the color/pattern between them. Showing three images each of the 2 chicks. Excuse the yuckies on them......I ferment feed and it gets messy at times.
Pics taken with flash.

Any thoughts on what color at maturity?

Congrats!! Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a lot of activity on this thread. I love the Partridge color and really want to learn more so I hope some knowledgeable Partridge breeders can help us newbies out here

I'm not knowledgeable but I did just hatch out 2 partridge silkies. I'm not on here much because I don't see many post. If more were here I would be here too. :)

Soooooo cute!! Daughter and Silkies both! I am always checking back to see if maybe a post came through that I didn't get with an email alert. LoL. it's difficult for newbies to learn if the old pros don't teach us. :)
I've met 2 lovely silkie owners in the hands on hatching and help section. They are amazing and so knowledgeable about the breed. If you have any questions they are great. @AmyLynn2374,@RubyNala97

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom