_MG_3599.jpg
_MG_3660.jpg
Check out her feathered feet!
_MG_3135.jpg
Blue partridge pullet - 10 weeks
_MG_3579.jpg
_MG_3562.jpg
_MG_3580.jpg
:love Partridge is my favourite colour on almost every breed!

I was once told I had a Partridge Silkie.....I'm a bit of a Newbie so I wasn't sure what they were talking about. Do I have a Partridge Silkie...when I picked them up as chicks I was told I had a black, white and splash???

I was once told I had a Partridge Silkie.....I'm a bit of a Newbie so I wasn't sure what they were talking about. Do I have a Partridge Silkie...when I picked them up as chicks I was told I had a black, white and splash???

X2, Yep, definately a buff partridge. I have one of those (aren't they pretty) and a blue partridge. Have to admit, I'm real partial to the buff-- although I would really LOVE a red partridge. I am a sucker for vivid coloring!!

Sheila :)

X2, Yep, definately a buff partridge. I have one of those (aren't they pretty) and a blue partridge. Have to admit, I'm real partial to the buff-- although I would really LOVE a red partridge. I am a sucker for vivid coloring!!

I was so surprised how much her coloring changed from when she was a chick.... I was told when I picked them I'd have a Black, White and a Splash...and when the bits of copper coloring started showing I thought it just from seeing them under the red heat light...haaaa. After getting them out into the natural light I just fell in Love with her all over again!!!

Thanx for the input,

~DD~

I named my buff partridge "Peaches" and my blue partridge "Blueberry". The last hatch-mate (not a partridge) is Kiwi. Think maybe I was hungry when I named them??? LOL!

Actually it's the buff ones fault. She was on my chest, sleeping, and I was thinking that the light, glinting off of some of her feathers, reminded me of the peaches that I just got. That's all it took-- now those girls are all "fruits"! :)

Some of this year's partridge :)

not quite 3 month old Pullet 3 month old blue partridge cockerel (yes I'm sure its a boy - lol )

Sherbert- 10 months old (Splash Partridge) cockerel Titus - 6 month old Partridge Cockerel

Chocolate- 6 Month old Pullet (obcessively Silkie) Penny 6 month old Pullet (Showboat Silkies line)

Pudding - 5 month old Pullet (Home grown)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom