Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

Okay, so I'm thinking I have 1 girl and 1 boy! What do y'all with more silkie experience think? I haven't heard either of them crow or found any bantam eggs (though that's hardly surprising. It's like an Easter egg hunt every day around here. She could be laying in the neighbors yard for all I know.) I think they are almost exactly 6 months old.
Silkie #1 (girl?)

silke #2 (boy?)

both are girls

Okay, so I'm thinking I have 1 girl and 1 boy! What do y'all with more silkie experience think? I haven't heard either of them crow or found any bantam eggs (though that's hardly surprising. It's like an Easter egg hunt every day around here. She could be laying in the neighbors yard for all I know.) I think they are almost exactly 6 months old.
Silkie #1 (girl?)

silke #2 (boy?)

at six months old I am pretty confident they are both females. Partridge are colored differently male to female, and both have female coloring, also I'd expect a drastically larger comb on a Non-bearded cockerel at 6 months old.
I have 2 female non-bearded birds, one has very large wattles and the other has almost no wattles. Genes influence the wattle/comb growth, and you can have very different looking results with the Non-bearded depending on if the genes influencing the wattle/comb

Ive got some new photos, my little Aussie Partridge, 12 weeks old

Is the vote still its a girl?

Its funny but she is the hardest to get a photo of, she never seems to stand still and not be pecking and when she does she has this habit of standing right up next to you. Sweet, but not much good when you are trying to focus and the camera keeps saying too close :)

Last edited:
I had 5 little chipmunks that were hatched out almost silvery white, with the chipmunk markings, and are now feathering out gray. How do I tell if they are simply gray silkies or silver partridge?? Most have the darker crest (one is dark gray), all have penciling on their wings and 3 have gold leakage on their wing tips. They are all about 3 months old...ideas? I don't know if I should keep them to see how they grow up, but I'm not certain what to do with them! Use them in my partridge pen? Splash pen? Start a NEW pen??
clap.gif

I will try to get pix of them tomorrow - just hoping for some ideas...
hu.gif

And just to keep the thread alive LOL

At 4 months

I had the comment that none of mine would ever need their eye feathers trimmed but poor thing is definatly having more trouble seeing than the others, she has gone from running back to the house with them to not going faster than a walk and she even bumped into the swing today. You can definatly see a difference in how she gets round compared to her non silkie siblings. So she is getting a trim tonight after she settles for bed so had to take a before photo while she still had her full mop top
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom