PayPal/Hatching Eggs/Chicks Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
well.. I haven't had a lot of chicks/birds shipped to me (I have never shipped them) but, it has always been $35 and up so I figured that it was quite costly. So if you offer chicks you will have to pay for the shipping to ship them to the winner, correct? Sorry, I thought I had this swap under control and then the chicks threw a monkey wrench in there
duc.gif

If you OFFER anything in the swap you are responsible for shipping.

CPL has offered to hatch chicks if you claimed her eggs..... THEN you are responsible for shipping the chicks.... that is different.

**sigh** can't do anything but watch today, either. So instead I went and reorganized my swap page so now it's alphabetical by username. I had to play somehow!!!
lau.gif

U of A lines from Dr. Bramwell's private breeding barn are of great quality. His shared lines with 4-h have won quite a few prizes over the years. Like all SQ breeds, not every chick hatched will be SQ, but Bramwells lines are a great start.
Here is a direct quote from his brochure for the program:

Mottled Houdan, Continental Class, (H) – My breeding stock is very good quality as I have been selectively breeding them for several generations and they are continually getting better as they have done well as exhibition birds at poultry shows. Some of the Houdan populations in the US have lost the traditional body type associated with this breed as they become too “polish like” in appearance, so this has been the focus with this breed to return them to the standard. While these birds are a ‘crested-fowl’, they are not directly related to the more well known Polish breeds of chickens. The birds have a V-comb (originally a leaf comb) and not only have a mottled feather pattern, but they have mottled colored shanks and five toes. They are generally a non-sitting breed and considered fair layers of an average sized white egg. They were originally selected as a dual purpose breed so they should reach 6-8 pounds in weight as mature adults. They are a fairly docile breed that do well in confinement and generally do not make for a good ‘yard bird’ as the crest prevents them from seeing their surroundings fully and therefore could become an easy and tasty meal for any predators in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom