Peach Guinea fowl.

Beautiful color!!!! I also don't like most of the light colors but this one... I'd have snapped it right up.
Yes the cinnamons here are a nice colour and they do sell well, some see the down colour different but they always moult out the same.

wow, love it. Im in oz and havent come across a 'cinnamon.' That looks like this colour. Keep up the good work bemba, have recently viewed your birds at a friends place. Outstanding quality, you should be proud of the quality and exciting colours of birds you are producing

Last edited:
Beautiful color!!!! I also don't like most of the light colors but this one... I'd have snapped it right up.

Thanks Kev, this colour is a combination of Cinnamon n Chocolate. Next I'm going to do the triple combo... Lav, Choc and cinnamon together.

Last edited:
wow, love it. Im in oz and havent come across a 'cinnomon.' That looks like this colour. Keep up the good work bemba, have recently viewed your birds at a friends place. Outstanding quality, you should be proud of the quality and exciting colours of birds you are oroducing

Thanks :) Who's birds did you see? I've sent birds all over Australia, glad to hear good reports, I work very hard with my birds and well worth it. Now if I can breed a white or two in the near future would be the pinnacle.

Thanks Kev, this colour is a combination of Cinnamon n Chocolate. Next I'm going to do the triple combo... Lav, Choc and cinnamon together.

Awesome. not enough people are doing this sort of project.

From other comment, does that mean there are no white guineas in your country?

Yeah I've always been fascinated by genetics and love colour breeding.

There are lots of claims whites are here but I've been all over the Country and met many, many breeders plus lots of people "off the grid" and not one has been truly white... often people will call Lavenders whites or silvers whites.

I've been working with pied birds to try breed whites that way... by selecting the birds with the highest percentage white each season, this turned out much, much harder than originally thought.

I've got birds that are pretty impressive pieds but I think breeding a white bird this way is probably not going to happen. I know your pieds will breed a percentage of white... Our pieds don't have the same genetic make up as yours do it seems.

These are some of my pieds....

I've got birds with more white now these pics are from a couple of seasons ago.

There are lots of claims whites are here but I've been all over the Country and met many, many breeders plus lots of people "off the grid" and not one has been truly white... often people will call Lavenders whites or silvers whites.

I've been working with pied birds to try breed whites that way... by selecting the birds with the highest percentage white each season, this turned out much, much harder than originally thought.

I've got birds that are pretty impressive pieds but I think breeding a white bird this way is probably not going to happen. I know your pieds will breed a percentage of white... Our pieds don't have the same genetic make up as yours do it seems.

These are some of my pieds....

LOve that last one .... PEACOCK BOMB.....
gig.gif

Very interesting. Your comment and the remarkably consistent pied pattern makes me think what you have are truly pied birds.

I do think many if not all of 'our' pieds are single dose whites. Had a pied pair, they produced exactly the expected ratio if this were true: 1:4:1 of normal:pied:white.

Back
Top Bottom