Peachicks of 2016 photos -- Let's see the babies!!!

[COLOR=333333]It's data like this that allowed me to create this chart. This chart show that at four weeks the three chicks are all within the normal weight range. Note that there are three lines here that are below the one group. The blue one that ends at day 25 died from a yolk sack infection, the black one had a deformed neck and was euthanized, and the longer blue one was just behind a little, but did finally catch up.[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]-Kathy[/COLOR]
Kathy, You cease to amaze me, I am absolutely sure that you have forgotten more than I know about fowl. Very impressive my hats off to you Mam,
1f3a9.png
. Gerald Barker

Great hatch! Looking good on those IBs!

I need to do another photo op of my pea chicks. They are hatching almost daily here but usually only one or 2 at a time as I set the eggs under hens as soon as I get them from the peafowl pens and mark them.

I know some people are very against using a permanent marker on the eggs but pencils are getting rubbed off too easy from my Silkies rolling the eggs so much. I have so far, not noticed that a Sharpie marker is causing problems.......

And on a sad note, I lost 2 pea chicks after hatch due to my Cochin hens killing them. So now the eggs are removed 2 days before due and put under my poor Silkies for hatching. Cochins can be snots as moms sometimes so while I don't mind them brooding them, the blacks are no longer allowed to hatch them out. I won't chance it with my other Cochins as they have been known to be bad so I try to just rotate eggs around so the Silkies will hatch all the eggs.

At last, managing to get some new pix into the Chick Chart...
hide.gif

@casportpony ...do we know what those cute babies are? IB and...
And are you giving them numbers or colors this year? I think it's helpful for people to be able to trace the development of individual chicks on the chart, like we could do with your chicks last year...

Here are siblings. These 2 are from my Silver Pied, Velocity and the Opal white eye girls. I have shown a lot of photos of this cross this year. The Opal girls are prolific!

Here is just a face shot of another one. It was too cute not to share.

Another sibling hatched today. One more is in the incubator drying off.

At last, managing to get some new pix into the Chick Chart... :oops:

@casportpony
...do we know what those cute babies are? IB and...
And are you giving them numbers or colors this year? I think it's helpful for people to be able to trace the development of individual chicks on the chart, like we could do with your chicks last year...

All shown so far are IB and IB split to white. No numbers or colors for the first 7, but I'll probably do numbers and colors for the next batch, which are at day 25 and 26.

-Kathy

Here are siblings. These 2 are from my Silver Pied, Velocity and the Opal white eye girls. I have shown a lot of photos of this cross this year. The Opal girls are prolific!

Here is just a face shot of another one. It was too cute not to share.

Another sibling hatched today. One more is in the incubator drying off.

Adorable!

Back
Top Bottom