Peachicks of 2016 photos -- Let's see the babies!!!

In case I wasn't clear, this is a broad breasted turkey that tried to steal a nest from a duck that I put eggs under, not a turkey I'm letting incubate eggs. Good news is that it lived! -Kathy
So glad the chick made it!! That light color, is that just a variation on straight IB?
Not sure about the lighter color... This is the second one like this, though the first is actually much lighter. -Kathy

This is too cute. These 2 hatched the other day and though the eggs came from the same pen (silver pied over Opal WEs) they hatched under different Silkie hens. Peas obviously are just drawn to each other, I guess.
The one in the bowl with it's eyes closed was hatched a day after the other one that has it's wing draped around the younger sibling. I have it in a bowl because it was stuck all night in the shell and had not pipped much more the next morning so I had to pop the top and get it out. I wish I had the night before but it had just pipped and so I left it under the hen. Poor mite has a twisted leg and feet so is splinted and in the bowl to hold it upright a few hours a day. It's sibling crawled up in the bowl with it and wrapped that wing over it, while Dork, the Cochin chick naps in the corner of the box.

[COLOR=0000CD]This is too cute. These 2 hatched the other day and though the eggs came from the same pen (silver pied over Opal WEs) they hatched under different Silkie hens. Peas obviously are just drawn to each other, I guess.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]The one in the bowl with it's eyes closed was hatched a day after the other one that has it's wing draped around the younger sibling. I have it in a bowl because it was stuck all night in the shell and had not pipped much more the next morning so I had to pop the top and get it out. I wish I had the night before but it had just pipped and so I left it under the hen. Poor mite has a twisted leg and feet so is splinted and in the bowl to hold it upright a few hours a day. It's sibling crawled up in the bowl with it and wrapped that wing over it, while Dork, the Cochin chick naps in the corner of the box.[/COLOR]
Adorable!!

I've gotta get some new pictures of mine. The barring has faded away a lot on one of them and it's smaller than the other so I'm wondering if that one is actually female. Well, time will tell! I've also got three more eggs incubating and at least two were developing on my last candling. I'm gonna check them again tonight.

I've gotta get some new pictures of mine. The barring has faded away a lot on one of them and it's smaller than the other so I'm wondering if that one is actually female. Well, time will tell! I've also got three more eggs incubating and at least two were developing on my last candling. I'm gonna check them again tonight.
We all love pictures! How old are they now?

-Kathy

How old? Please post pictures.

I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow. They are six weeks old on Friday. They just got kicked out of the house today - still not touching the ground, but they're out in a brooder in the coop. They outgrew the indoor brooder.

I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow. They are six weeks old on Friday. They just got kicked out of the house today - still not touching the ground, but they're out in a brooder in the coop. They outgrew the indoor brooder.

Too big and too smelly? There's something special about pea cecal poop, lol.

-Kathy

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom