Peachicks of 2016 photos -- Let's see the babies!!!

Oops forgot one hen laid these three late found them in back of incubator. Luckily hadn't turned incubator off but they should have hatched yesterday so were shrink wrapped this morning all doing fine though. These are now definitely my last.

Just for grins, can you post the pictures when she was younger so we can compare them?

-Kathy

Yep! Here are the last pictures I posted of her. In the first picture, she is in the corner (I swear I wasn't keeping them in a laundry basket, lol, they were only in there while I changed their brooder):

And when she was four weeks old:

Last edited:
Great babies, everyone! They are so gorgeous and I love looking at "mystery" chicks and hearing the guesses or results. What a fabulous hatching year it seems to be for everyone.

My latest hatches and they are still going. But the eggs due to hatch are maybe 8 more.
I set a few the other day but am not sure they are fertile at this point. The boys lost their trains about a month ago. I am unsure enough to give it a try, though!

A Hershey chick (Bronze), a Mojo chick (IB) and a Zazous chick (silver pied).

Another Hershey chick!

[COLOR=0000CD]Great babies, everyone! They are so gorgeous and I love looking at "mystery" chicks and hearing the guesses or results. What a fabulous hatching year it seems to be for everyone.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]My latest hatches and they are still going. But the eggs due to hatch are maybe 8 more.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]I set a few the other day but am not sure they are fertile at this point. The boys lost their trains about a month ago. I am unsure enough to give it a try, though![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]A Hershey chick (Bronze), a Mojo chick (IB) and a Zazous chick (silver pied).[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]Another Hershey chick![/COLOR]
Congrats x100, very nice babies indeed,
1f44d.png
. Gerald Barker

Great babies, everyone! They are so gorgeous and I love looking at "mystery" chicks and hearing the guesses or results. What a fabulous hatching year it seems to be for everyone.

My latest hatches and they are still going. But the eggs due to hatch are maybe 8 more.
I set a few the other day but am not sure they are fertile at this point. The boys lost their trains about a month ago. I am unsure enough to give it a try, though!

A Hershey chick (Bronze), a Mojo chick (IB) and a Zazous chick (silver pied).

Another Hershey chick!

Beautiful babies!!
love.gif

My little Peewee, 10 weeks old, passed away this morning. He was getting very big and hanging around with the chickens, eating with them and sleeping in the chicken run at night, so we felt ok leaving him alone with them as we had to go away to a wedding far away that took us away for 6 days. We came back last night and got him out of the chicken run and he seemed fine and pleased to see us, but the man who had been coming in twice a day to tend to the chickens said he had seemed very sad and not eating. I will never forgive myself for not trying to syringe feed him last night but I had no idea how weak he was, and thought he just wanted to sleep, since we got back very late. My husband found him lying in the run this morning and he died a few minutes later. I feel so terrible that he seems to have died of sadness.

My little Peewee, 10 weeks old, passed away this morning. He was getting very big and hanging around with the chickens, eating with them and sleeping in the chicken run at night, so we felt ok leaving him alone with them as we had to go away to a wedding far away that took us away for 6 days. We came back last night and got him out of the chicken run and he seemed fine and pleased to see us, but the man who had been coming in twice a day to tend to the chickens said he had seemed very sad and not eating. I will never forgive myself for not trying to syringe feed him last night but I had no idea how weak he was, and thought he just wanted to sleep, since we got back very late. My husband found him lying in the run this morning and he died a few minutes later. I feel so terrible that he seems to have died of sadness.
So sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif
Don't beat yourself up because he probably died from a disease like coccidiosis, blackhead, e. coli or enteritis and syringe feeding would not have made a difference.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom