Peachicks of 2016 photos -- Let's see the babies!!!

Well I sure appreciate yalls help
I'm guessing the mom has to be bs cause the only other hens that was in that pen was white and IB she want be going anywhere I can't wait to see what she's gonna look like.

[/IMG][/IMG]
All these came from the same pen

What is the story with Spaulding chicks? Are they late to mature & show their dimorphic feathers? Do they hide what color they're carrying? I hatched out a few who are just over 10 weeks old and it's still tough to determine the males from the females.

I sent in DNA on the white bird & she's a hen. Are the other 3 hens too?

What is the story with Spaulding chicks? Are they late to mature & show their dimorphic feathers? Do they hide what color they're carrying? I hatched out a few who are just over 10 weeks old and it's still tough to determine the males from the females.

I sent in DNA on the white bird & she's a hen. Are the other 3 hens too?

They all look like hens to me.

@barkerg what is it about them that says spaulding? I thought they was gonna be just IB split to purples

@barkerg what is it about them that says spaulding? I thought they was gonna be just IB split to purples

There are several indicators that I am seeing, mainly the crest shape/height and the coloring/pattern on your BS hen as well as the barring on the tails tells me there is green blood involved. With todays market, theres a bigger chance that birds will have green blood in them which although its technically not what the true definition of a spalding is, but it works in todays description. The mixing of blood goes both ways, many or shall I say most greens and blues share bloodlines in the USA. Needless to say, Spaldings are here to stay and are beautiful birds. Your birds fit the bill of unique and you should be proud to have them, because they are stunning. I hope this helps,
1f44d.png

Gerald Barker

@barkergYes I'm really loving this byc site .thank you for the input
I've got Javas,cameos,Pied cameos,silverpieds,IB,white,purple,midnight,and black Shoulder
Do I have something that I can cross to make another color? Like peach,opal,or any other color ?

@barkergYes I'm really loving this byc site .thank you for the input
I've got Javas,cameos,Pied cameos,silverpieds,IB,white,purple,midnight,and black Shoulder
Do I have something that I can cross to make another color? Like peach,opal,or any other color ?

You should post pics of what you got and we can help make a match for you,
1f44d.png

Gerald Barker

@barkerg Yes I'm really loving this byc site .thank you for the input

If you just want to play around you can breed the Purple to Cameo to make splits that you can raise to later to breed back to the mother hen and if you get lucky you might eventually get a Peach in a few years. It isn't like mixing paint, the stars have to be in alignment like the alleles on the chromosomes have to line up just right to get certain traits.

Back
Top Bottom