Peachicks of 2016 photos -- Let's see the babies!!!

If you just want to play around you can breed the Purple to Cameo to make splits that you can raise to later to breed back to the mother hen and if you get lucky you might eventually get a Peach in a few years. It isn't like mixing paint, the stars have to be in alignment like the alleles on the chromosomes have to line up just right to get certain traits.
I believe it's 1/4 chances that you will get a Peach. But that's theory based not reality.

Okay these are the peachicks I'm raising off my birds I'm wondering if anyone can help me determine gender and types they are
Their dad is a purple peacock we had several hens in with him which includes a blackshoulder a white and 2 IB

Last edited:

Okay these are the peachicks I'm raising off my birds I'm wondering if anyone can help me determine gender and types they are
Their dad is a purple peacock we had several hens in with him which includes a blackshoulder a white and 2 IB

The one in the center is a Purple hen and could be from any of the hens. The one it the top corner is a Purple BS cock. Both birds have to be BS or split to BS to produce a BS.

And I am guessing I only have one hen in the group??
The purple peahen
Your male is a Purple split to Black Shoulder. They have one black shoulder allele. Black Shoulder is a recessive allele. It requires two Black Shoulder alleles to become a Black Shoulder. That means you have to have 2 Black Shoulder peafowl, 2 peafowl that are split to Black Shoulder, 1 peafowl is Black Shoulder and the other is split to Black Shoulder. To get a Purple peacock one of your hens is a Purple as well. My guess would be the Black Shoulder hen is a Purple Black Shoulder peahen. Mainly because Black Shoulder peahens can be hard to identify which color they contain.

Back
Top Bottom