Peachicks of 2016 photos -- Let's see the babies!!!

pop.gif
I'm excited to see what happens!

Here is a pic for you New2, I am pretty sure you haven't seen anything like this before.

He is out of Pied Piper, IB Pied WE split BS, Cameo and throws SP chicks. Mother is either IBSP, Cameo SP, or Cameo Pied WE.

He is not a Dark silver pied black shoulder ... with some green blood !

He is one of those could be a couple of things. Could be Pied WE but I kind of doubt it. Could be just WE but I kind of doubt that as it has just a little to much white. If I had to bet, I would take a flyer and say dark pied WE.

@AugeredIn Just to be sure, are you talking about the father or the chick? (They are not related)

Last edited:
Hey y'all!
As always, love seeing your cool and interesting baby birds from the hatches.
I kept 4 this year. I hatched around 60 but these 4 were all I wanted and really not sure about 2 of them. I will ask you about them in a bit.

I kept a pied from Zazous and Dilly this year. Was hoping it was a boy and it is! I have a pied hen from that pair last year, Glory and love her. But I wanted to keep trying for a pied peacock for the neat partially white and partially colored train. Crazy, I know but that just fascinates me! So here is hoping that Zazzle has a unique train. Both of my silver pieds give me white trains and I am partial to more color.

I also kept a peagirl from my new Purple peacock, Super and one of his 3 IBBS hens. Her name is Jasmine. Excited for her to go back with One Eye Jack in 2018!

And I kept 2 Bronze chicks. I think they are both normal Bronze...?? I was hoping for a WE peacock from the Bronze pen but think I have 2 normal Bronze kids. The bigger one could be a Bronze peacock.....What say you?
Neither has barring on the back feathers like the IB pied does but the bigger one looks like a boy. I am wondering if it is (throat latch looks white?), if it might be a WE.......

And keep showing your babies growing up from this year's hatch! I have been hoping to see more! That is how I learn!

Back
Top Bottom