Peachicks of 2016 photos -- Let's see the babies!!!

Beautiful babies!
love.gif

Kathy, my two Purple Pied (guessing because there are so many white feathers - shipped as purples) are doing very well thanks in part to you and the others in this list. Healthy poop for over two weeks straight. Not seeing much barring on those two. Guessing hens. Haven't put them out with these pea babies. Apprehensive to say the least!!

@stephanier029 : Congratulations on the new peas! And the good health report!

@WestKnollAmy : Pretty babies!
I am definitely not a pea genetics pro, but is that light colored girl Jasmine? She looks BS, and if so, your purple boy Super must be at least split BS.

@WestKnollAmy : Pretty babies!
I am definitely not a pea genetics pro, but is that light colored girl Jasmine? She looks BS, and if so, your purple boy Super must be at least split BS.

Yes, the whitish one is Jasmine and she is a Purple. Her father is a Purple BS and her mother was one of my IBBS hens. I am just not sure if my Bronze are males or females but I suspect one of each, though I could still be wrong. Neither has any barring much on their back feathers but one has that solid dark neck.

I was looking earlier today and there wasn't enough detail for me to tell much. Closer cropped pics with attention to the back and front will show us what we need to see.

Yeah, they need to be out in the light to see better. I was hoping the pied IB next to them would help. I have been able to tell about this age on the past Bronze I have raised but I am still new to determining that white throat patch until they are mature. I am hoping I have a WE Bronze peacock but I suppose time will tell. If not, there is always next year. Meanwhile, they are fun to raise.

Back
Top Bottom