Peacock emergency

I wouldn't call it solved but at least I know I've tried every possible thing I could. I know it sounds like it but I swear I don't abuse my peacocks haha..... Just extrodinarily bad luck and maybe God telling me to pick a new hobby

Not saying you're abusing your peafowl. Accidents happen, some things you can try to treat or prevent and sometimes that's not enough. You have live birds and dead birds it's a part of life.

Since we already have this thread started... Any suggestions for a broken wing with a peacock? I had vet wrap around it to hold it in place like I always do when chickens or ducks or guineas or even turkeys get broken legs or wings but apparently peacocks are a lot stronger and more psycho then any other bird because I came out to check on him and he's managed to hurt himself even more and now has a hurt ( thankfully not broken though) leg to go with the wing. I can try and use a sling to hold him up that i used last time we had a Guinea with a broken leg but I doubt it will hold him for to long. I'm really beginning to wish I'd stuck with waterfowl and goats

Scratch that last question, the Guinea sling worked and he is now dangling from the roof of a cage In a towel sling with a birdie straight jacket on underneath

Looking at it it might be a little before the joint or on it. I realize he may not be able to fly, but it shouldn't be a huge problem

Back
Top Bottom