Peacock emergency

I won't get home from work until 8:30 or 9 tonight but i should be able to then

would oxytetracycline be a good one to use on a peacock?

Injectable or powder? Neither will help the pus go away, but might be okay once you get the pus out. Trust me, you have to be the pus out. No point in giving drugs until you do.

-Kathy

the only way for me to get it out of the sinus cavity would be to cut the side of his face open. its the soluble powder for mixing with water. should i go ahead and cut it open and try and get the pus out? When i felt the side of his face this morning it was pretty squishy.

That is not necessarily true, as long as it is soft and mushy it can be squeezed out through the eye. Use your fingers, the index under the roof of the mouth, and the thumb under the sinus on the outside and push it up to the eye, the pus will squirt out the eye socket. The pus will be a thick yellowish cream cheese like substance.

That is not necessarily true, as long as it is soft and mushy it can be squeezed out through the eye. Use your fingers, the index under the roof of the mouth, and the thumb under the sinus on the outside and push it up to the eye, the pus will squirt out the eye socket. The pus will be a thick yellowish cream cheese like substance.
Kingbee is correct, it looks almost impossible but if you work it right it should require no cutting. Very tedious and messy but, probably the best way if you catch it early as it seems you have. Keep us posted. Gerald Barker

I tried to work it out through his eye and it's not working at all. Right below the eye it's soft and squishy but between the eye and the nostril it's hard

Back
Top Bottom