Peacock Lost by USPS

caf.gif

I'm sorry it has taken me a while to update. I went with my mom to pick up my dad from the hospital. She is afraid to drive in large cities, I'm not real comfortable with it either, but more so than she is. I just arrived home today. (Of course, Onyx and the rest of the animals were being cared for by my husband, but he is not real experienced with poultry.) Onyx is doing very well. His face has almost returned to normal. The red definitely followed a bruising pattern (darker as it healed), but at this point it there is just a touch of maroon that is barely visibly. The swelling is also gone. I really think that he is going to be okay. (No curse.) He is still madder than a hornet with me though. I am really going to have to butter him up.

I'm sorry it has taken me a while to update. I went with my mom to pick up my dad from the hospital. She is afraid to drive in large cities, I'm not real comfortable with it either, but more so than she is. I just arrived home today. (Of course, Onyx and the rest of the animals were being cared for by my husband, but he is not real experienced with poultry.) Onyx is doing very well. His face has almost returned to normal. The red definitely followed a bruising pattern (darker as it healed), but at this point it there is just a touch of maroon that is barely visibly. The swelling is also gone. I really think that he is going to be okay. (No curse.) He is still madder than a hornet with me though. I am really going to have to butter him up.

Glad he's doing good now!! Keep working with him, you'll get through eventually!

Thanks. My dad is doing surprisingly well too. He is basically recovered (luckily it was very minor), but he gets tired. He will be off work for a while, and this seems to have motivated him to start trying to eat healthier. I'm glad to be home, but I'm also glad that I had the ability to get off work to go help get him. My mom is terrified to drive in big cities, so that was left to me. I'm not real comfortable with it either, but I'm braver about merging into traffic. My mom would still be waiting to merge.
big_smile.png

I know this post was started around July 2014, but I was wondering if you filed a claim or could file a claim, since your peacock was lost or the delay of live animal shipment. I am going through hell shipping 4 mallards that was suppose to be at someone house now on March 17 @12 noon, it has been over 18 hours and I am suppose to get a call from the usps of where their whereabouts are soon. I am just so fustrated I paid a lot of money to ship these ducks and there was a guarentee time of noon yesterday and insurance, but no ducks delivered and no tracking update

I know this post was started around July 2014, but I was wondering if you filed a claim or could file a claim, since your peacock was lost or the delay of live animal shipment. I am going through hell shipping 4 mallards that was suppose to be at someone house now on March 17 @12 noon, it has been over 18 hours and I am suppose to get a call from the usps of where their whereabouts are soon. I am just so fustrated I paid a lot of money to ship these ducks and there was a guarentee time of noon yesterday and insurance, but no ducks delivered and no tracking update

I've never been thru it myself, but I think only if there are losses can you file a claim and get reimbursed for the value of the lost birds as well as a refund of the shipping cost since they did not meet their own guaranteed delivery time. The buyer should be opening the package ( when it arrives) in the presence of a USPS employee. How long since you shipped them?

They were shipped Monday morning March 16th around 8am, and the post office only gave me the option of 1 day express delivery, which I thought it was weird because there should be more than one express option, but anyway it was guaranteed to arrive the next day at noon, and obviously it still hasn't arrived

Back
Top Bottom