Peacock Lost by USPS

They were shipped Monday morning March 16th around 8am, and the post office only gave me the option of 1 day express delivery, which I thought it was weird because there should be more than one express option, but anyway it was guaranteed to arrive the next day at noon, and obviously it still hasn't arrived

I think they changed their rules and anything alive must be shipped 1-day express now. Think I read that somewhere, at least it has not been too long yet and we are not seeing too many extreme temps either. I know I need to start shipping birds and not just eggs, but this is why I've avoided it up to this point. I'd be a nervous wreck if I were you. Keep us posted.
fl.gif

I was in hysterics yesterday, calling the post office that was suppose to recieve them, and all I got was extremly poor customer service, the person didn't even listen to me and only redirected me to a disconnected number and when I called them back I could hear them pick up the phone and they just left me hanging on the line, not one word from them!!! I called them about ten times again till they finally answered but by then they were so rude and insisted that the number they gave me was right and denied that the left me hanging when I called them out on the pervious call, very apathetic, so blazing upset, and paranoid, I tried to get hold of the head of the usps to report this, it was so unbelievable. I called my own post office to make sure my ducks actually left the place and they tried to help me as much as they could which I appreciate even though they couldn't get that much info, but that was understandable. I was just so much in hysterics after talking to the other post office, it was crazy, I barely got any sleep over it.

Sorry I sound like a crazy lady, no tracking updates and the numbers they give me a call are auto voices that give you the tracking that is already displayed on the website. Had to do major searching to find someone to talk to about the problem, turned out to be an all day project

I was in hysterics yesterday, calling the post office that was suppose to recieve them, and all I got was extremly poor customer service, the person didn't even listen to me and only redirected me to a disconnected number and when I called them back I could hear them pick up the phone and they just left me hanging on the line, not one word from them!!! I called them about ten times again till they finally answered but by then they were so rude and insisted that the number they gave me was right and denied that the left me hanging when I called them out on the pervious call, very apathetic, so blazing upset, and paranoid, I tried to get hold of the head of the usps to report this, it was so unbelievable. I called my own post office to make sure my ducks actually left the place and they tried to help me as much as they could which I appreciate even though they couldn't get that much info, but that was understandable. I was just so much in hysterics after talking to the other post office, it was crazy, I barely got any sleep over it.

Sorry I sound like a crazy lady, no tracking updates and the numbers they give me a call are auto voices that give you the tracking that is already displayed on the website. Had to do major searching to find someone to talk to about the problem, turned out to be an all day project
hugs.gif
Oh that's really awful. I am so sorry you are having to go thru this. I really hope they show up soon and are okay. Keep us posted please.

I am sorry as well that you have to go through this. Usually I expect birds to arrive the second day even if they are guaranteed by the next day, that's just speaking from the birds I have had shipped in. One shipment did take longer than two days: I was getting four white mandarin duck hens and when they came only two were alive. The person told me to get a picture of the birds in the box and show the dead ones as I found them in there and to send him the pictures. He went to the PO he shipped from with the receipt and showed them the pictures. He did manage to get a refund.

I usually get a package before I get updates as to where the package is.

Once the Post Awful killed a shipment of queen bees coming to me, I went through holy hell trying to collect the insurance. I finally did get paid but it was months later. The problem was partially on the other end, the shipper did not want to help and tried to put it all on me when the PA said that the buyer of the insurance has to be the one to make the claim.

I usually get a package before I get updates as to where the package is.

Once the Post Awful killed a shipment of queen bees coming to me, I went through holy hell trying to collect the insurance. I finally did get paid but it was months later. The problem was partially on the other end, the shipper did not want to help and tried to put it all on me when the PA said that the buyer of the insurance has to be the one to make the claim.

WHAAAAAAAT? You want us to pay you for a bunch of dead bugs?????????? I can just hear them now!
somad.gif

WHAAAAAAAT? You want us to pay you for a bunch of dead bugs?????????? I can just hear them now!
somad.gif

Yes, really expensive dead bugs! Those were only about $25 each, x 24 in that shipment. Then the breeder didn't have any more for another six weeks when timing is critical to any bee operation. It turned out to be a really bad year costing me much honey production. Some special breeding queens can cost up to a thousand dollars.

Yes, really expensive dead bugs! Those were only about $25 each, x 24 in that shipment. Then the breeder didn't have any more for another six weeks when timing is critical to any bee operation. It turned out to be a really bad year costing me much honey production. Some special breeding queens can cost up to a thousand dollars.

Ouch! Kind of glad I'm not in the honeybee business!

I know this post was started around July 2014, but I was wondering if you filed a claim or could file a claim, since your peacock was lost or the delay of live animal shipment. I am going through hell shipping 4 mallards that was suppose to be at someone house now on March 17 @12 noon, it has been over 18 hours and I am suppose to get a call from the usps of where their whereabouts are soon. I am just so fustrated I paid a lot of money to ship these ducks and there was a guarentee time of noon yesterday and insurance, but no ducks delivered and no tracking update

I'm so sorry, I meant to respond to this yesterday!! I was able to get all of my shipping cost refunded because my boy didn't make it by their guaranteed delivery date. It didn't matter that he was still alive, he didn't make it by the guaranteed date, so all of the money was returned. It did have to be done by the seller (the actual purchaser of the insurance), and then he just mailed it to me. I was going to ask for vet fees at the suggestion of the local post office lady, but since my dad had a stroke almost immediately after this occurred, I didn't get the claim filed. They weren't much anyway since I work for my vet, but I don't know if they would have paid that or not.

I will say everyone I talked to was very nice and helpful (as much as they could be). But the system is set up so that if the local post office is closed (which mine was because it is a very small town), nothing gets done. They created a ticket on Saturday, but it was mid-afternoon, and the claim apparently just gets forwarded to the local post office. No one was there until Monday morning, which was when he showed up anyway.

I don't suppose your birds might have been going through Denver? There is an extremely nice lady who works there that just loves the birds. Despite the fact that she does not have to, she offers them food and water while they are there (carefully). I'm convinced that had it not been for her, my peacock would have been dead.

I hope your birds were delivered today, and I hope they are all well.

They did arrive yesterday afternoon, they were all well and healthy, I did ask the person who recieve the ducks to take pictures, but they weren't able since they were attacking them once the box opened. I assumed the ducks really needed to stretch. They found 2 eggs my hens laid, and she took them to the vet right away and said they are very healthy. I am still going to try to file a claim to hopefully cut the shipping cost down at least a little for the heart attack they gave me

And they were sent from central Massachusetts to Indiana, so no Colorado post office, even though I have bought ducking from Colorado

Back
Top Bottom