Peacock Lost by USPS

I wanted to update this quick. I was not able to get him last night, but I did get him right away this morning. He is still up and quite strong, but he is quite stressed (not surprising), but he is too stressed to eat or drink at this moment. For this reason, I did go ahead and give him subcutaneous fluids. My vet is stopping by after lunch as well, so that I don't have to stress him again by taking him in. This is the pretty boy in his hospital crate.

Thank goodness he's ok!!
celebrate.gif
Good luck little guy! It'll all be ok soon.
thumbsup.gif

The vet was very pleasantly surprised by how good of shape he appears to be in. He said that he didn't appear to be as dehydrated as he should have been (maybe they WERE able to give him water on Thursday?). He also ate a piece of bread. He hasn't eaten his food yet, but since he ate the entire piece of bread after not eating for 5 days, I'm not totally surprised by that. The vet and I decided that it might make sense to continue with the subcutaneous fluids if I am not sure he is drinking, but that is something that I will play by ear. I am cautiously optimistic at this point. Thanks everyone!

So glad to hear showed up "ALIVE" !!!!!!

After that kind of trip he may not eat well right away-
even moving birds short traveling distances can make them
go off their feed for more than a day or two....

Again, great news!!! YEAY

He still appears to be doing well. He has shown more interest in eating and drinking today. He still thinks he should have only bread though. When I didn't cave this afternoon he ate about half of his crumbles.

On another note, I spoke with a very nice lady that had called me on Thursday. She noticed that he didn't get sent out that day (this was the first delay, he was still supposed to be delivered on Saturday even after this), and offered to give him an apple and water. I wasn't sure if she had been able to do it since I told the guy I talked to when I returned the call to be very careful since he can fly and the box was still zip tied shut. Upon speaking to her yesterday I learned that she had given him both a whole apple and some water. I truly believe that she saved his life. Apparently he really liked the apple.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom