Peacock Lost by USPS

Yeah, it just happened today while I was at work. It was not like this when I saw him this morning. That was why at first I thought it was an injury.

Also, I will contact the seller. He is a really nice guy, and really loves his birds. I'm sure he will want to know.

Poor sweet guy and poor you!
hugs.gif

You are both having a very difficult time of it!

I feel awful for him, and in a weird way I feel like my rotten luck is at fault. This week has been hellish. My dad had a minor stroke yesterday too, and away from my parents' home. I keep worrying that when I almost certainly go help pick him up that Onyx (the peacock, original name, I know) will take a turn for the worse and I won't be here to help him.

Honestly, that's what I'm hoping right now. I treated for the lice, and I put some wormer on a piece of bread. I'd love to give it to him orally, but he is MAD MAD MAD right now. I can't really find any information about any other options. Of course, I will have my vet look at him tomorrow, but as I mentioned earlier, there are no poultry vets which has me worried.

He appears to be doing pretty well. He still has the red on his face but I think it is fading somewhat. The swelling also appears to have gone down. It is tough to tell because he "snorts" at me because of all the stuff I have had to do to him, and when he does that he puffs his throat up. He HATES me.
hit.gif
He's fine with my husband though. The poor boy has been through so much. When my vet saw him he believed that the swelling and red is from scratching the lice. I can't put more Frontline on him, apparently the seller just put some on him about 2 weeks ago. I don't know why there are so many lice on him. I have put Sevin dust in his bedding and sprayed him with permethrin. He is eating and drinking well at this point.

Back
Top Bottom