Peacock Lost by USPS

When the tech showed me how to do it she prepped the area with rubbing alcohol first, but the purpose of the alcohol was not to sterilize, but to wet the feathers to see the injection site better. Make sense?

-Kathy
Yes. Thank you very much! I found a link as well, but it is easier for me to learn from video. As an update, the box was scanned in earlier this evening in my state and was scanned out of that post office about an hour ago. He should be here tomorrow morning at the latest. I am going to see if by some miracle I can get into town when the truck does and see if I can take him then. The chances of that are slim to none, but it is only 8 miles, so I may as well try. If not, I will be at the post office when it opens tomorrow morning.

I feel sick for you!
hugs.gif

-Kathy

I wish you and ur poor pea luck, it really sucks that you have to go through this because of irresponsible shipping companies. Hope he is well tomorrow when u see him. DId they tell you he was fine when he was scanned?

I wanted to update this quick. I was not able to get him last night, but I did get him right away this morning. He is still up and quite strong, but he is quite stressed (not surprising), but he is too stressed to eat or drink at this moment. For this reason, I did go ahead and give him subcutaneous fluids. My vet is stopping by after lunch as well, so that I don't have to stress him again by taking him in. This is the pretty boy in his hospital crate.

I wanted to update this quick. I was not able to get him last night, but I did get him right away this morning. He is still up and quite strong, but he is quite stressed (not surprising), but he is too stressed to eat or drink at this moment. For this reason, I did go ahead and give him subcutaneous fluids. My vet is stopping by after lunch as well, so that I don't have to stress him again by taking him in. This is the pretty boy in his hospital crate.

OMG, I can't believe he's alive, but so happy that he is. Sounds like he's in *very* capable hands!

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom