Pekin Duck Club!

Hey everyone. Quick question about how long before these two rascals are outside on the permanent. Fully feathered like chicken's or is it diffrent with ducks. We are in the mid 50's at night, but they are only 2 weeks old. Lord these guys grow FAST!!

OK we have a problem.

This is Drake. His girlfriends name is Daisy.

Two supposedly Pekin ducks.

They will be 6 weeks this Friday. Why are they turning brown?

Last edited:
the second one died but no more are sick im pretty sure it was that fungus infection thingy cause i put food out for them outide and it rained that night and they ate the rest the next mornign so maybe that isn wat

OK we have a problem.

This is Drake. His girlfriends name is Daisy.

Two supposedly Pekin ducks.

They will be 6 weeks this Friday. Why are they turning brown?
The head and neck look runner-like to me, the feet could almost be Muscovy, but if you can get another photo, that would help. If they are Pekin at all, they are mixes.

Can you all show me (or tell) what you use for pools? my Pekin seem about as agile as hippos and cannot get into a thing i have here for the other breeds.

Now that the warmth(finally!!) is coming forth the low laying water is disappearing. I do have the bottom of a sandbox that they kinda get in but it barely holds a duck and a half.. such big babies lol
I'm sorry I have to chime in! I have a ramp for a one and a half foot step down from the box my duckies sleep in. My ducks always come out onto the ramp and never make it all the way down they fall of the side. It kills me every time! They always find the edge to everything and walk off of it. I swear they are part lemming....

I have a 14 month Pekin duck, Laffy, she has been acting really strangely the past week or so. She hasnt layed eggs normally in 6 weeks or more. I thought she was molting because she is missing feathers just underneath her wings. The feathers have not grown back. She seems to be getting worse. Today i let them out of the pen, usually they are ready to get out. Today Laffy didnt leave the pen. Neither did my drake Taffy. (I think hes worried to). She moves a lot slower than she used to and she just looks sick to me. I have noticed her stomach to be lower than normal and her poo to be light green or whitish. someone please help. I know ducks are pack creatures and since i only have 2 i dont want to loose her, plus shes like my baby. HELP PLEASE

I have a 14 month Pekin duck, Laffy, she has been acting really strangely the past week or so. She hasnt layed eggs normally in 6 weeks or more. I thought she was molting because she is missing feathers just underneath her wings. The feathers have not grown back. She seems to be getting worse. Today i let them out of the pen, usually they are ready to get out. Today Laffy didnt leave the pen. Neither did my drake Taffy. (I think hes worried to). She moves a lot slower than she used to and she just looks sick to me. I have noticed her stomach to be lower than normal and her poo to be light green or whitish. someone please help. I know ducks are pack creatures and since i only have 2 i dont want to loose her, plus shes like my baby. HELP PLEASE

Can ducks get "egg bound" like chickens? Perhaps that would explain the tummy being bigger & why you aren't seeing any eggs?

Back
Top Bottom