Pekin Duck Club!

I think everyone had a really nasty winter. Right before it hit our neighbors dug a giant hole in their yard and everyone as like what in the world are they doing? It turns out they were making a pond and they had some pekins 6 to be exact. Now I only see 3. They kept them outside all winter with like a make-shift lean-to. Not sure if predators got them or the cold. Mine are living in my shed at night and the back yard in day time.

Thank you!! Am going out to look right now!!
wee.gif

Hey everyone I just got home and noticed my male is blood all under his wig! My mum checked him out when she firsr saw him and said where the feather enters the skin is where he is bleeding from / theres a little nick.
How should I treat this to make sure it doesn't get infected or anything? He can move his wing fine

Hey everyone I just got home and noticed my male is blood all under his wig! My mum checked him out when she firsr saw him and said where the feather enters the skin is where he is bleeding from / theres a little nick.
How should I treat this to make sure it doesn't get infected or anything? He can move his wing fine
I would get him into a lukewarm tub of water and let him wash off. Is he still bleeding?

There are blood feathers - this explains what they are and - IF your duck is still bleeding, how you might help him.

http://littlefeatheredbuddies.com/info/health-bloodfeathers.html

Here is a thread from BYC https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/872930/blood-on-feather-looks-like-broken-vein

If it's all over, he's not bleeding, then I would just clean him up and spray Vetericyn or saline solution on the injury three times a day for four days or so.

Please let us know how it's going.

Thanks thisnus really helpful Stanley won't let me touch him much (we found the ducks abandoned as ducklings) however mum has said when she ckecked there wae a spot of blood but itbhas already congealed mum said she is sure his not bleeding. I tried giving him a bath to clean it he wouldn't have a bar of it so ill try again in a little while with some saline

I NEED HELP NOW u know how i did my first Pekin hatch ever well the babies are 2 months old and I had 5 and 2 died we think worms and were not sure if its a virus or not we looked at its butt and it was all weird and gross so we think worms but we want to make sure we get rid of it plz plz tell me what to do i made a thread but no one has given me an answer as what I can give ducks chickens geese and peacocks

Back
Top Bottom