Pekin Duck Club!

LOL...that actually doesn't surprise me.  :love

Julie, you could probably tour the country and only need money for gas.  You could stay with all of your BYC friends and think about all the love you'd get from feathered friends!
Debs, you absolutely know it!! In seconds flat I'd gas up the FJ and head out to all of you for fun and duckies.

Haha! It was one of those huge tomato horn worms. I was just about to take it away in fear of the baby choking but I didn't get the chance. He managed to eat it!
do you know if he swallowed it whole or did he kinda squish it a little with his bill and then swallow? I wonder what if he liked the taste. He's a natural eater burd. Likes organic food. He can patrol your tomato plants and eat the gruesome things.

do you know if he swallowed it whole or did he kinda squish it a little with his bill and then swallow? I wonder what if he liked the taste. He's a natural eater burd. Likes organic food. He can patrol your tomato plants and eat the gruesome things.
He squished it a tiny bit but mostly it was full size when he swallowed it. I grabbed him out of the pool and made him let me look in his throat to make sure it wasn't stuck. He was so pleased with himself. Hilarious.

So far we have not gotten any actually in the garden. This one must of come off the Hickory tree above the pool. The duck coop will be right next to the big garden. I am a little worried that if I let them roam in the garden they will eat my carrot tops.

yay!!! Henry is a man now! How old is he? Jojo still doesn't got a curl but his tail is up compared to Charlie's tail. The boy/girl tail and voice difference is obvious. I'm wondering why he doesn't have a drake curl though, it bothers me...:barnie

Congrats Henry!!

He'll get over it first time him and Hazel get in the pool :lol: He'll be trying it out.
He is about 15 weeks now. It happened over night! JoJo will get it soon. One day it will just be there! :)

Thank you Miss Lydia! Now I'm just waiting for Hazel's first egg! Sounds funny but I'm excited! :)

awe, you're so sweet and I would love to to stop over if I were ever there and squeeze kiss those 2.

Debs, you absolutely know it!! In seconds flat I'd gas up the FJ and head out to all of you for fun and duckies.
You're always welcome Julie Bird! :)

Debs Flock, you are right! She could plan a nationwide vacation! Lol How fun it would be to meet everyone and everyone birds!

I always find my three gals sneaking into the garden through a gap in the fence- lol
1f602.png

Hey all, I am brand new to this blog. I just had a pekin Hen hatch a clutch of seven and very sadly, a opossum got her:( I am very sad about it! she was such a wonderful duck! She left behind her seven babies and her mate. The babies are a little over a month old. Are they okay? I can tell her mate, My make Duckota, knows she is gone and I worry that he is lonely and stressed because of the loss. Should I get a new hen for the ducklings and him?

Back
Top Bottom