Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Have been pricing Lamp oil...what the heck?..
is this stuff going extinct or what?!
hu.gif

Does anyone know where to get this for a decent $$...?
I looked at the 'craft stores', need somewhere else..they don't sell big bottles and they want way too much.

they sell it at Walmart
they didn't have it in Gallon size(best way to buy-bulk
Thank you..have been reading reviews..i wonder what the price is for reg.kero..not that i want to burn that....i remember as a kid this stuff was so cheap..white-gas they called it...showing my age now.
Looked on ebay, amazon &etc...they want twice as much for a gallon of this.

I was taking pictures again so it's time for another photo bomb.

Ana and her baby

Blue and Jewel, the dynamic, disappearing duo

Hansel

Gretel

Pumpkin

This guy still needs a name but he's my main CCL breeder for next season

Him with a couple of the ladies

Angel, splash silkie pullet (I think)

Some of the lavender ameraucanas hanging out

Cinnamon, my son's RIR cockerel and daddy to Ana's baby

The BCM hanging out

I was picking stuff today in the garden. There was more there than I thought and there'll be more in a couple days. Our tomatoes are finally starting to change too so before we know it, we'll be overloaded worth them lol

Last edited:
I was taking pictures again so it's time for another photo bomb.

Ana and her baby

Blue and Jewel, the dynamic, disappearing duo

Hansel

Gretel

Pumpkin

This guy still needs a name but he's my main CCL breeder for next season

Him with a couple of the ladies

Angel, splash silkie pullet (I think)

Some of the lavender ameraucanas hanging out

Cinnamon, my son's RIR cockerel and daddy to Ana's baby

The BCM hanging out

I was picking stuff today in the garden. There was more there than I thought and there'll be more in a couple days. Our tomatoes are finally starting to change too so before we know it, we'll be overloaded worth them lol

Looking great! Love the blue silkies!

I have tomatoes ripening. Just read a site about how to freeze them. Anyone here do that? Do you do them whole or sliced or diced? I did dehydrate some already for snacking on like chips. Also did a bunch of zucchini. hardly seems worth it when it isn't even 3 cups for a day's dehydrating. Grated the remainder for making zucchini bread in the winter.

A friend sent me this video. Why would you put pants on a chicken?
http://www.tastefullyoffensive.com/2016/08/chicken-wearing-tiny-blue-pants-goes.html

I have tomatoes ripening. Just read a site about how to freeze them. Anyone here do that? Do you do them whole or sliced or diced? I did dehydrate some already for snacking on like chips. Also did a bunch of zucchini. hardly seems worth it when it isn't even 3 cups for a day's dehydrating. Grated the remainder for making zucchini bread in the winter.

http://www.tastefullyoffensive.com/2016/08/chicken-wearing-tiny-blue-pants-goes.html

We have lots of tomatoes every day. For some reason, my tomatoes are always growing like crazy when my other plants are struggling. We have gifted lots of people around with these tomatoes. And chickens love to have them as snacks too.

On the chicken news, Brownie turned out being very easy to be broken from broodyness. I took her out of the coop Saturday and Sunday, and hubby took her out on Monday. Every time she free range a long time. And she came out herself in the mornings since then and no longer sleep in nesting box. We have the large dog crate sitting in their run and never need to use it.

LB:

I always make about 5-6 quarts of marinara sauce (I personally like it a bit on the chunky side) and I found this receipe.....http://www.food.com/recipe/wonderful-salsa-9272

I also have this recipe: two tomatoes seeded and diced, one mango diced, 1tsp minced jalapeno pepper, 2TBSs fresh lime juice, and ond TBS of each Olive oil and honey....supposed to be really heart healthy...(and tasty)....

Have been pricing Lamp oil...what the heck?..
is this stuff going extinct or what?!
hu.gif

Does anyone know where to get this for a decent $$...?
I looked at the 'craft stores', need somewhere else..they don't sell big bottles and they want way too much.

I have three hurricane lamps from wally world....under $10.00....they also sell 1/2 gallons of lamp oil fairly cheap that can be used indoors...they rust over pretty quickly if left outside...

Back
Top Bottom