Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I am serious about the peppers. I wouldn't have offered otherwise.
droolin.gif
droolin.gif

Have a few minutes before Bug gets here...thank gawd, cause my mind is ppftssss....like air out of a balloon today...
Really need to get some sleep here!!
th.gif

This morning I left my coffee cup at the computer while I went for more coffee. That was intentional. I was going to just use my hands. Like getting a slice of pizza, and leaving your plate in the living room. Duckling didn't wake until I was on my third cup. Good thing. Something is wrong today.
Anyway, Getting a generator to run is very easy..you can do it.
I will walk you through if you'd like.
I am sure it is. I just don't know how to do it. Yet.
But of course it has to be in good repair first, that I am only good with the basics, beyond that..it's a crap shoot.
I had it serviced. That is how I found out I just needed a new battery.
Now what heck is going on with the chimney?....
Crumbled.
The little tweety birds around here are really active..not mating, but gearing up to move on south of wherever it is they go.
hide.gif
Does that mean my doves will be leaving too? Should I just cage them up? Are they going to stick around because they have had a steady diet here? If they do, are they going to freeze? Will they go inside the coop and be warm enough?!
barnie.gif
I am going to end up with four doves in the house, aren't I?

I don't know if i will get pumpkins in time for Halloween...they are VERY small and VERY green...got them in late.
I was surprised mine were so small and turned orange so soon. Maybe the heat ripened them too soon?

Not many bell peppers, but they stay on the plant until they turn red/yellow..green are okay, but really like the colored, they get sweeter.
The jalapenos are doing great. they always seem to do well..even have a few RED ones on the plants..hahaha, maybe I'll dry those for something fun!
Red jalapenos are the best. It is how God created them. I was hoping for some bell peppers too. Dang, my garden did poorly.
Oh well. I have had a lot of years that my garden did awesome when others had nothing but problems.

@MotorcycleChick , doves are quite winter hardy as long as they have liquid water and plenty of food. I never brought my ringneck doves inside. Even diamond doves, tiny as they are, and native to much warmer climes, are hardy up to NH all winter long.

When doing crosses, you are making many of the genes heterozygous. That is the basis for the "hybrid vigor" that is used so much commercially to make high producing birds. Those hybrids are a dead-end as far as breeding is concerned, you will not get more of the same if your breed from her, no matter what roo you use. If you had her brother, you might get closer, but the only way to reproduce the results of a cross is to re-make the cross. Assuming both parents were true breeding for the traits you value, they will consistently produce the desired offspring.

This also explains the basic difference between sexlinks and autosexing breeds. Hatcheries love to sell sexlinks because you will not be able to reproduce them from the stock they sell you, you have to keep coming back to buy more if you want the same results. Autosexing breeds are not hybrids (anymore, they started that way, as all new breeds must) and consistently breed true regarding all the traits we value (egg color, sexable chicks, productivity, etc).
Thank you, felt that was going to be the case, but didn't know absolute, had to ask.
(I have no idea what he started from, what she is really has in her...)

Need to make a true decisive decision as to the what-where-&how of the flock.

This I do know...I am going to support our breeders, they work very hard to achieve great results. Nothing wrong with chicks from TSC or wherever, i have two myself.
Just think if i'm going to start somewhere, why not start in a great place. Saves time, money and a whole lot of work!

Thank you again!

I haven't kept up with you nice people in awhile but summers been busy! I've hatched too much and now I'm overloaded, so if anyone has any interest in svart hona cockerels or serama cockerels for that matter, please message me! I'm NW side of the state - 16335. I need to do some downsizing! Eek!

Okay.
thumbsup.gif

Quote: I second that!!
wink.png

If it was another breed, I'd be into that! But the seramas are obviously too small and I can't convince my husband to get on board with the Svart Honas black meat!
oh wow...now that is interesting!!

What is 'wrong' today?...

If i don't personally hand the peppers to you, I can mail them to you...
the fresh ones, not the frozen, unless we get some dry-ice...the frozen are already stuffed
droolin.gif

Planted cantaloupe plants..well, i thought i did... have honeydew melon. That works too.
One watermelon & it is very small, like single serving. Wonder who is getting that.....
On a chicken note..one egg today, Chickadee...figures.
hmm.png

@MotorcycleChick
, doves are quite winter hardy as long as they have liquid water and plenty of food. I never brought my ringneck doves inside. Even diamond doves, tiny as they are, and native to much warmer climes, are hardy up to NH all winter long.

:celebrate :weee No indoor doves! Though they may choose inside the coop.

Back
Top Bottom