Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Quote: I have 6 all together. I was really sick when I was pregnant with the youngest & my exes saw opportunity to get out of paying child support. My kids got split between 3 households. I managed to get my youngest daughter back over 3 yrs ago when his wife lied to the court & tried to cover for him being in prison. My 2 oldest are with their dad & are 18 & 17. The 17 yr old plans to come back to live with me in March when he turns 18 because his father & brother are abusive to him (again, can't prove it). My 2 middle childern are girls (15 & 13) & their father has refused to let me see them in almost 3 years, in contempt of a court order, yet the court refuses to enforce the order. Since I no longer live where I used to & the kids aren't in that county any more either I may have to file for change of jurisdiction to get anything done. I DO know that the step-mom has to file through the original order to attempt to get custody, that I have to be notified since my name is on the case & that she has to reveal his abuse (which will also tell the court she covered for him since she went to court & flat out lied the last time) in order to have cause for a change of custody. I plan on filing for emergency custody (children's services told me to) tomorrow morning as soon as I can get to a fax machine (the court is almost 2 hr drive from me). Other than the upstairs being ripped apart (we have completely blocked access to that part of the house from inside & have to unscrew a panel covering an exterior door on the outside to get in) & there not being any carpet or wall paper on any of the walls the house is quite safe. It's just not pretty in the least. All I have to say about the entire situation is this: Children's Services & the court absolutely did not check out where they were sending my children & F'd up ROYALLY! I may end up suing them yet over the abuse & neglect my youngest daughter suffered at the hands of her drug addict father & step-mother, both of which were supposed to have a minimum of 3 random drug tests done & turns out not a single 1 was done at all before or after they sent my daughter there.

Northwestern Pa here
smile.png

Welcome to the madness - central PA here
frow.gif

thanks
sad.png
I don't have high hopes, I called for them and looked everywhere. I can only hope now. I wouldn't have sold them, they were developing DQs left and right, definitely not good breeding stock. I'll breed/buy more next year and hope for the best
DQs? I just want to get more since Roo's by herself as far as breed, I'm going to get some OEGBs for Stitch too, since it looks like our Bantam Orps are gonna be bigger than her.
Walking around today just snapping pics on the phone..

hubby planted some flowers for the birds,,,how long before they eat them..

new year's hatch, turning out to be a nice roo,,,,leghorn mix, maybe silkie has black skin

6 month old meat bird mix standing beside a 2 year old jersey giant

leghorn quad,,,impossible to keep in unless clipped...they follow me around.

chemical storage in ole trailer and the wagon converted to meat bird house.

inside of meat bird house

side view of meat house and run,,,,this is the area that is having the hawk problem

ramp going in side of meat house,,can be closed up with the screen sitting on ground

time for dinner,,,have more for later
Wow, that is so awesome....Someday I want to have a true farm. Maybe not a working one, but enough for the family.
LOL!!!!!!!!!! I meant to help on HOW you process anything you learned that you can share.
OOOOHHH, ok yeah I can help there. I just read the thread title, and saw "emotions" and figured "Well that counts me out" lol

Happy 4th from Our chickens to yours! This is "Scarlet" kiddos tiny serama hen, we hatched 3 babies this morning, lil white thangs!
She's so pretty. Hope you and everyone else had a good one or better one depending on how it started.
Not sure if anyone missed me, but I have not died! I did miss 1040 posts, though...

I've been busy. I got a horse... More than likely a bad idea, but so far, so good! I really need to down size on birds yet. My ducks are making their way to the processor's next week. I need to sell the LF chocolate/mauve project birds as well. I have had so many chicken deaths in the last 2 weeks, it's insane. I have hens hatching chicks and they are killing them! The only one that isn't is my MFC Mildred and Millie. They are in with the bantam chocolate Orps and Millie wasn't even broody and is helping fend off the chocolate hens. I am not taking them out because they are chocolate babies and will be in there anyways. I trust Mildred and Millie to do a good job keeping them alive.

My ankle is still swollen and messed up. I never went back to the doctor's like I was supposed to. To busy.

Um... nothing else new to report, I believe...

Maggie!

She's lovely...I called and left you two messages bout birds...I'm gonna have to hold off now though. Gavin managed to take nearly all the skin off the tip of his one big toe, so all my "chick" money is going to epsom salt, dressings and ointment...At least the klutz learned to keep his shoes on when he's playing on cement.
Ok... So HUGE PROBLEM...

With in the last month birds have been going MIA.
The first to disappear was the male Candian Goose (wild)... It had a 'wife' and 5 kids.. and it went MIA in the middle of the night with only feathers left behind! Nothing else!
The next one was my one Muscovy female... it just poofed with NOTHING left behind.... no blood, parts, feathers!
And the last one, so far!, my male Rouen.. up and gone!
Today my Dad noticed that where we buried our coonhound something dug it up and started eating it!! Prints around it.. They are coyote!!!! WTH. Nasty ************

And now... how to go about making that magey mutt go visit the devil!!! I am on edge now. I can't wait for the pen to be finished!!!
A predator call will help, especially a wounded rabbit sound. I knows there's food and will come looking for wounded animals, even in broad daylight. That's how I got 4 that attacked our one beagle years ago.
Its aggravating... since they are so hard to sot.. had one run out in front of me on 309.. thought it was someones pet... so i hit thee breaks.. got mad when i realized t was a coyote and shudda smoked it with the explorer!!!!
I almost hit Ginger when I first found her, I thought she was a coyote, until I noticed her coloring.
Thanks for all the compliments on Maggie!

A predator has finally found our ducks. We lost our first last night. I suspect the fox I've been 3x in the last year. Of course, I did see a baby raccoon less than 1/4 of a mile away the other night. Either way, it's funny they strike the week before they all go to get processed. Now I must protect my future supper.
Hoping you can hold them off that long.
fl.gif

I have a bunch of cot eggs available right now. Texas A&M, jumbo, pharoah, buff, tux, cinnamon & italian speckled. They aren't hard & lay like mad. They do need heated shelter in winter though so a barn, shed, garage, basement, etc. or a very sheltered coop outside with heat.
I was looking to get some of them. I need to ask would you ship the chicks? I plan on buying a bator, but not for a while. My plan was to try my hand at hatching late winter early spring.
Oh they had a BALL, it was hilarious to watch, the chasing, flapping about and general exploration. It appears they love ants lol
We get the little ants (we call the pi$$ ants) and they loved eating them in the bathroom they were in for brooding.
Ok, Little story :p

I woke up early before work today... So I went out and let the ducks out, gave the babies food and water, and harassed the goose a little.. And then I noticed that the mallard that hangs with the recently widowed female rouen was around.. but where is she???
I started to panic.. thinking she was coyote bait, I went searching around the pond... I really need to remember to wear sneakers in the AM outside because the seeds and what ever else in the wet grass is very annoying on my feet!
So, after walking the length of the pond and back and the idea of Mrs. Hobbles was gone... I headed back to the house. I went in and told my Dad about it... And then he says " Did you check the nest??" I was like ??? and here she has been laying eggs in the bottom of a EFM stoker bottom (which will be used on our new one lol) and I went out.. yup she was there! And unhappy that I bothered her!! I was just happy she was alive!

Mrs. Angry pants xD

The pond at 7am :p

It was such a great morning. Put me in a good mood.

A better pic! Yellow golden

Feathers are comming in on the neck.. weirdest things ever!
Glad she's okay. That sunrise is beautiful and so are the pheasants
Silkie......If you did not live so far I would come pick you up and get you away from all of it for a day...
hugs.gif

loving all the baby pics...only babies here are some4 week old bresse, and they are turning into little terrors,,it must be a very outgoing breed cause these little ones are not afraid of anything.
I was thinking of getting that breed. Are they the French Bresse from Green Fire or Barret Valley, or are they another breed?
Severe thunderstorm watch here, It's heading NE ... Just happy we got all the grass mowed, will have to lock the girls up later!!
Just got my messages about that...I'm almost afraid to look at the radar anymore.

Thanks for the input. I have read so many posts and articles on here and all over the Internet and there are about a million opinions ranging from never eat the eggs again to the eggs being safe to eat with no withdrawal period at all. You know what? I think I may just keep eating them and see what happens! If in a week from now you don't notice anymore posts from me, everyone will know that you should not eat the eggs!

TOO stinking funny! Let us know how your belly is feeling afterward. At least you'll take care of your worm load ;)

Custody battles are heartbreaking. Yes, children need their Mums. So sorry you're all dealing with this.

Break time is over, time to venture back out in the heat. I am getting incredibly close to finishing the run I started in November. :rolleyes:

Gavin, I would have to grow them out for a week or so before shipping, but yes, I can ship. They are too fragile when they 1st hatch to try to ship. PM me & will see what we can work out. I have a small batch due this week & can set more in a bigger batch if need be. The only take 18 days.

Ok...I think I finally caught up. Gavin and I went fishing Friday night until about noon Sat, then had a family party to go to. It was awesome, the best 4th of July party I've ever been to. The fireworks were professional ones, but even better someone made blueberry, peach and apple pie. I really need to learn how to make that stuff, the alcoholic drinks I mean, it was so good. Only problem is it goes down too well/smoothly.
In bird related news I apparently have 3 mallard drakes and one hen, so now to decide if I clip one drake and the hen's wings and let the other two drakes leave, or if I just process those two drakes and not tell my family...
And now picture time:
This is how someone goes night fishing:

This is what Gavin woke up to yesterday morning. I was not planning on staying the whole night, but once he fell asleep I didn't have a choice. I couldn't wake him up and I can't carry him anymore.
I'm fairly sure those are black duck ducklings in this pic, since the young mallards were about the same size as mine are:

Can anyone tell me what breed this cute guy ↓ (?) is? It was at the lake and kept coming up to us making a noise like a dog sniffing/huffing and wagging it's butt. We gave it, the two others like it and the wild ducks some bread (I know I was bad
hide.gif
I really need to start keeping a small container of feed in the car.) I have some video of them but I need to edit it before I share.

Hi everyone. I'm new (relatively). Joined back in Mar but just started getting involved this week. I live in McConnellsburg area. This chat is really challenging to keep up with! But I'll try anyway. It's getting really dark here, looks like the storm is coming and I need to get off the puter and batten down the hatches. Later all

Gavin, I would have to grow them out for a week or so before shipping, but yes, I can ship. They are too fragile when they 1st hatch to try to ship. PM me & will see what we can work out. I have a small batch due this week & can set more in a bigger batch if need be. The only take 18 days.
I think I may do this also,,,,need to check on shipping prices...do you use shipping boxes or priority boxes,,,considering i always get you eggs within a day and half or so ,,,i wonder about having to go the extra exspense of shipping boxes.

Back
Top Bottom