Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Irritated. Something broke into the run, and got a langshan chick and hen. Same as last time, missing head. No obvious breaks in the wire, so this time the predator must have come IN to the run over the walls.

We JUST finished quarantine on this batch. :-( R.I.P. Princess.

Looks like it's gonna be crowded in the coop till I can get the time to WIRE the roof and the bottoms. Bird netting isn't cutting it.

Last edited:
Beaglady,,I will take a better look at the sandhill site....Scot's dumpy are pricey, that alone limits the numbers, then with the minimum and shipping...I would surely put in a spring order if other would be willing to help out with that minimum number...

Blarney....your babies have graduated to the outside brooder in the barn...5 have brown wing feathers and 1 has black wing feathers.......need to get pics

To those losing birds to predators. Spend the money on a camera,,,it is much easier to catch said predator when you know what it is...

Ok, not even going to attempt to read all those pages.

Sorry to those with losses. Welcome to the newbies. Congrats on babies/new arrivals.

Back from the honeymoon and not so patiently awaiting pics from my photographer. The monsoon we had for 2 days prior to the wedding changed the venue to indoors, but it was still unusual, as we had a tank as our backdrop.

Got tons of compliments on my orange dress, including my mother who was having a hard time with the idea of an orange wedding dress.

Our cigar bar was super popular, the caterer could not believe how many women were out there enjoying cigars! LOL

We visited vineyards and distilleries in western PA, WV and VA. Sooo much fun, and so much liquor! Came home with 3 cases of wine/whiskey/cider. Plus the 2 cases+ that were left over from the wedding. Won't have to buy anything for a little while at least!

3yo DGS apparently decided his mother wasn't allowed to take care of the chickens while we were gone, it was HIS job. Freaked her out when he went and turned on the water for the hose, and then filled all the outside waterers by himself. Guess he knew how MiMi would want it done!

Sorry to those with losses. Welcome to the newbies. Congrats on babies/new arrivals.

Back from the honeymoon and not so patiently awaiting pics from my photographer. The monsoon we had for 2 days prior to the wedding changed the venue to indoors, but it was still unusual, as we had a tank as our backdrop.

Got tons of compliments on my orange dress, including my mother who was having a hard time with the idea of an orange wedding dress.

Our cigar bar was super popular, the caterer could not believe how many women were out there enjoying cigars! LOL

We visited vineyards and distilleries in western PA, WV and VA. Sooo much fun, and so much liquor! Came home with 3 cases of wine/whiskey/cider. Plus the 2 cases+ that were left over from the wedding. Won't have to buy anything for a little while at least!

3yo DGS apparently decided his mother wasn't allowed to take care of the chickens while we were gone, it was HIS job. Freaked her out when he went and turned on the water for the hose, and then filled all the outside waterers by himself. Guess he knew how MiMi would want it done!
Sounds like a you had a blast! That's too cute! I wish Gavin would take it upon himself to do the animals without being asked lol

big_smile.png
glad to hear your back!! and happy!!
Irritated. Something broke into the run, and got a langshan chick and hen. Same as last time, missing head. No obvious breaks in the wire, so this time the predator must have come IN to the run over the walls.

Looks like it's gonna be crowded in the coop till I can get the time to WIRE the roof and the bottoms. Bird netting isn't cutting it.
hugs.gif
..so sorry!

Oh no! I am soooo sorry to hear this. It didn't get Lady Chatterworth did it?

LC:

So sorry to hear.....Sounds Racoon-ish to me and they've learned where a good meal is....you could try spreading a layer of flour or cornstarch out in certain spots with some bait and see if you can get any foot prints...

Hello all! I am wondering if anyone knows where I might buy inexpensive straw bales? I am thinking they might help with keeping the girls warm over the winter.

As I am near King of Prussia area...........sometimes things are more expensive................I wonder if anyone has any leads for cost effective straw bales?

Lancaster area? or Chester county more remote areas? Northern Montgomery county?

thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom