Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

So sorry! :hugs
Glad no one was injured, hope Bella feels better soon. :)
Welcome from bucks county!
:jumpy. Love little peepers! You're going to enjoy them immensely!
Haha! Exciting, I think not! We just gabbed for a while. Thanks for the eggs! I stuck 11 under my broody. She growled at me, then shuffled them so they were in place. Now the countdown begins! I forgot to ask you, what are the original breeds of your mixed chickens? Just curious! :lol:

Our egger flock has been a mix of silver pencil rock, white rock (roos and hens), 2 barred rock hens, 4 buckeye hens, black Australorp (lead roo), a 1/2 barred rock roo (2nd in command), 2 black jersey giant hens, Light Sussex (hens and roos)a handful of barnyard mix hens (almost all solid black) and a few EEs and a couple of EE mixes.
I think we had the SPR all separated out before the chicks were hatched that became MotorcycleChick's flock, but possible the SPR genes are there from a couple of the barnyard mix hens we kept the last couple of years.
A very diverse flock but the are almost all very laid back (2 of our EE hens are a bit flighty but not whacko about it) and are roosters are all mellow, people friendly and good with the hens.

So basically you could end up with almost anything...the only thing we don't have is a white egg layer, if you get someone who lays white eggs then MotorcycleChick had a sneaky neighbor rooster get to a hen! :gig

Their roosters are intimidated by Steven Tyler. I can't even remember the last time I saw one. Their hens on the other hand... Like I said, the BCM EE were laying in my coop.

Found a momma hen in the barn this morning with 12 babies. She did not like being captured and put into a cage, but experience has show they almost never raise more than 2 or 3 on their own. Some look like they could be pure Welsummers.

Back
Top Bottom