Photography and Drawing

Been painting a Roo over the last week or so, work in progress till the feathers are on!
thumbsup.gif

I did this in 5 minutes I really didn't try
hmm.png
I did good for my age though
smile.png
I did it witha pencel with no earaser

it is sidewaise could not fit smokie toe in real life

I think this drawing looks better I tried more this time its suppose to be a Serama Rooster
Hey, I don't know how old you are but I'm sure you're very good for your age :) I couldn't help but notice you're drawing on writing paper, and are most likely using a writing pencil too (HB). Using these materials can really hold you back. I suggest buying a medium/rough paper sketchbook and a pack of drawing pencils. Softer pencils work best on rougher paper and they're also much easier to sketch with. B-B6 would be a good set to get, but you could also just buy a single pencil. These things don't have to be expensive so don't worry about that. If you have any questions about what I just said please ask. :D

Last edited:
Hey, I don't know how old you are but I'm sure you're very good for your age
smile.png
I couldn't help but notice you're drawing on writing paper, and are most likely using a writing pencil too (HB). Using these materials can really hold you back. I suggest buying a medium/rough paper sketchbook and a pack of drawing pencils. Softer pencils work best on rougher paper and they're also much easier to sketch with. B-B6 would be a good set to get, but you could also just buy a single pencil. These things don't have to be expensive so don't worry about that. If you have any questions about what I just said please ask.
big_smile.png
X2

Still, you can get fairly good at drawing with just HB pencils. That's all I use, due to the fact I haven't seen my special pencils in quite some time! (I'm always losing stuff...)

I do very much agree on getting special drawing paper- That really helped me out.
-Banti

X2

Still, you can get fairly good at drawing with just HB pencils. That's all I use, due to the fact I haven't seen my special pencils in quite some time! (I'm always losing stuff...)

I do very much agree on getting special drawing paper- That really helped me out.
-Banti
Hi Banty :)
Yeah I do still use HB from time to time. I even use H-4H sometimes, but very rarely. The pencils aren't as important as the paper, if you have to prioritise something. But try doing a portrait with an HB pencil on cartridge paper. Eugh it's awful.

Last edited:
Hi Banty
smile.png

Yeah I do still use HB from time to time. I even use H-4H sometimes, but very rarely. The pencils aren't as important as the paper, if you have to prioritise something. But try doing a portrait with an HB pencil on cartridge paper. Eugh it's awful.
Yep!
It also kinda depends what you are doing. I see from your avatar you have a extremely detailed style- HB would probably be a bit trickier for getting the shading into that kind of work.

I'm no good at faces, but when I did try one, using my regular HB pencil was not that great..... I do plan to upgrade my pencils soon, because as you said before, I have noticed a difference.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom