(Pics)HELP, Am I crazy?? Chicken has not laid egg, no Signs off egg binding, or lethargy!!!

They should start soon, probably tomorrow since you were talking about them.
See, happens every time
1f601.png
congratulations on the egg, nice gardens.

Thank you!! lol... now to feed my chicken addiction... where to find....where to find ....lol

Sounds like you are doing everything you can. What are you feeding? I know some readers will cringe, but sometimes you can add some supplement to their water. Certain times of the year, when the weather is too hot, too cold, or just in transition, hens won't lay. But if you feel an egg, the hen should be laying. She could just be old. Try some green, leafy veggies like spinach that might get things moving. Is she getting enough light? And remember, chickens are meat eaters. I get organic cat food that has meat as first ingredient, and my hens love it. Digestion is an important factor in laying eggs.

Sounds like you are doing everything you can. What are you feeding? I know some readers will cringe, but sometimes you can add some supplement to their water. Certain times of the year, when the weather is too hot, too cold, or just in transition, hens won't lay. But if you feel an egg, the hen should be laying. She could just be old. Try some green, leafy veggies like spinach that might get things moving. Is she getting enough light? And remember, chickens are meat eaters. I get organic cat food that has meat as first ingredient, and my hens love it. Digestion is an important factor in laying eggs.

You are sadly a bit late. The hen was processed and was indeed past her prime.

Yup I processed, BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG tumors all around ovaries, I suspect ovarian cancer of sorts, i believe the pics of the tumors are back a page or so !! Thank you though...VEry much FOR THE ADDITIONAL INFO

Is she running loose...she could be laying while she is out and about...mine wouldn't go back to nest box when running loose

Hey Mr. Help, may have soloution ...It's worked in others that refuse to lay for no good reason.....Get a big bucket of ice water and give your hen's a good dunking ....The shock to them will change non layers to layers every time I've used it...
v

Back
Top Bottom