picture journey of my goose egg incubation AWESOME! ALL PICS IN FIRST POST! Easy to see!

Don't open the bator so much now that you have internal pips. It can cause humidity havock on the eggs and start shrink wrapping. If you don't have a seperate hatcher it is better to raise it slightly before work, then raise a little more tonight for hatching. By Wednesday you should have a gosling looking at you. :D

OH thank you so much for that! I filled both resavours with water but did not add the additional cloth yet. I will close up shop now and not open again. I will put a dry cloth in and then watch for any pips. Once I start to see external pips I will add more water on the cloth. now its just time to sit on my hands and wait. :) JEN

Yay! Post lots of pics! Geese are my favorite to hatch. You're going to be hooked
smile.png

This is getting exciteing now! So It was killing me to see what was going on so I got a pan of hot steaming water and I got under a blanket with the pan of hot water and my extra hygrometer and got the humidity up to 80 % and quickly candled the eggs for the last time...Here is what we have so far: 3 eggs are externally pipped (the third one #6 externally pipped while I was doing the pics) 1 more egg is internally pipped and the last 2 were working on pipping internally. I could see the beaks pushing up inside the eggs...so I am hopeful now that I may get a hatch! I pray that they do well with the last part of hatching and they all get out of thier eggs without intervention. Only time will tell. I am officially on lockdown. I put a wash cloth in there and wet it with warm water to keep humidity up and now I wait...and wait ...and wait! LOL More pics to come as things progress!

Last edited:
Awesome
big_smile.png
My only advice would be, when the first goslings start hatching, leave them in there for a little while. Not only because of leaving the humidity up and preventing them from drying out, but also because I've seen it actually encourage the other unhatched goslings that are ready to zip, to zip more quickly. When they are knocked around, the unhatched goslings really punch at their shells. That's only if they are ready to zip or midway through zipping. It's kinda funny to watch, it's like they're saying "Wait for me!". I'll be waiting for pics!
pop.gif

Its 4:30 am on day 28.. Still 3 pipped (pipped on day 27) and no one zipping yet. I have the day off today so I am hopeing the first 3 hatch today and the last 3 at least externally pip tonight. Wouldnt it be amazing to get a 100% hatch on my first time incubateing goose eggs! I know thats alot to hope for so I am just hopeng for 50% and I'd be perfectly happy. We will see!
wink.png

10:29 am here and 5 of the 6 eggs are externally pipped! The only egg not pipped yet is egg #1. COME ON EGG #1! I think it would be totally amazing to get a perfect hatch on my first try, but They are not out yet so I know that is more than optimistic. I just hope to have babies in my bator by tonight.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom