Pictures of Possible APA Standard Marans Please...

Quote:
I was thinkin' the same thing! I would need a professional photographer .... or have Brenda do it! Hey, Brenda, there's a new second job waiting for ya!

ETA: Seriously, is there any BYCer that does poultry Christmas cards? I would think there would be a large market on BYC for them.

Last edited:
I may place one in the newsletter. But it's not hard. Just get the camera and shoot away. Any one can take a pic.
Oh sorry about the delay of the newsletter this month. But I'm working on it.
Thanks all ........your so kind.
Brenda

Alright Brenda, it looks like you have waaaaay too many to handle, I will be over at about 5:15 tonight to take some of those off your hands for you...

...no need to thank me!

Last edited:
Quote:
There will be no jail time for you, I don't call 911!
wink.png

Well shoot! No.... don't shoot! Okay I give up.

Ok, all of you Marans experts and those that don't claim to be, LOL here is what I am hoping to be a Good dare I say great Roo. Hatched from a 7 or 8 depending on the person looking. This cockeral is supposed to be from Wade jeane C-1 birds from a friend here in Texas. I don't have a Black Copper roo as of now so im also looking for one old enough to take care of the hens. what do you think?
big_smile.png

39330_dsc01771.jpg

39330_dsc01775.jpg

39330_dsc01777.jpg

Keith
Olive farms
Marans
Angora Goats

Keith are all those pics of the same bird, because the last two pics are what looks to me like a pullet. She looks to have excess copper coming through. Your kid is adorable may I add!

Chef

Last edited:
The one on the left looks like a cockerel to me, a bit excessive coloring, but my fit into your flock well.

The one on the right has some real issues:
*5 toes, whats that all about?
*way too much red in the breast
*good coloring on top, but way too light around the beak
*no waddles??

...good luck with that one, I would keep it inside for a while, may not do too well out in the coop yet.
lol.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom