Pictures of Possible APA Standard Marans Please...

I agree ....there are far more important issues to worry about than whether the Marans has a certain number of points on the comb. Or, indeed, so many of the periferal issues that people seem to pay more attention to than good, overall, type & colour.

Quote:
We will be holding a special meet at Newnan GA in February. The second qualifying meet will be held either late in 2010, or early in 2011 -- TBA.

I hope this helps!

Would someone please critique this rooster. He is young, probably about 13 weeks old.

29593_sean_006.jpg

With the light shining on him like that, I can't really tell whether he's black copper or blue copper. Which is he?

Off hand, I would say that his hackle and saddle color are too yellow. But he's young yet, and he's still got a lot of maturing to do!

Ok I took some pics of a cockerel I held back as I thought he looked OK. Please let me know what you think.

19853_dscf3903.jpg

19853_dscf3907.jpg

19853_dscf3911.jpg

19853_dscf3909.jpg

Thanks!
Chef

Wow, funny how we all want to be nice and not say anything, huh?

I would like to have one of my cockerels rated too... but I can't bring myself to critique Chef's for fear of being a meanie!

So how can we over come this and actually get some input?

Quote:
We will be holding a special meet at Newnan GA in February. The second qualifying meet will be held either late in 2010, or early in 2011 -- TBA.

I hope this helps!

I saw in Poultry Press that the next qualifying meet is early 2010 in GA?! We just hatched birds this month, but no way would they be ready to go that early. My feeling from the Belvidere show was that the club should wait until the end of 2010 at least to give time to hatch and get birds into show condition.

Is that right? If it's true, we won't have any birds ready to go.

Back
Top Bottom