Pictures of Possible APA Standard Marans Please...

Quote:
No Question is ever stupid!! Yes the eye color changes my chicks have a greyish eye color when chicks..And the combs change as they grow.. I never notice around what age their eyes start to change.. Humm maybe I should pay more attetion
lau.gif

Alright lets have it, she is only 7 Months old, she is my best so far. She is the one that lays the speckled up eggs too.

I would like to know the bad points, also some of the better highlights that I may have over looked.

"More"

27420_more1.jpg

27420_dsc_0147.jpg

27420_more_eye.jpg

shes been eating persimmons... sticky mouth!

My best cockerel will be next...

I will not be offended!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the pics and comments. Since I am so visual it helps me to "see" what I need to work with on mine.

I have enjoyed having different bloodlines and seeing how they mature. I can point out what is bad in one or another but it was really hard to decide which roos to keep. They all had some nice qualities and I just know we probably ate one that was super but I can't keep more than 5. And I found my blue coppers matured out better than my BC. But I am still watching. And waiting.

And I am one of "those" breeders that keeps the more black roos than the ones with plenty of copper. I tend to see too much in roos and hens so I lean more to the lesser since it seems to be a problem for me.

I REALLY like your hen! She looks very typey to me - I can't tell her eye color - is it amber? It appears it MAY be a hair light, but goodness, other than that (and I may be seeing that wrong), I think she's an EXCELLENT example! She's got the proper amount of copper hackle coloring, too....you see so many with far too much (I've got plenty of those...they're in my layer pen!). If the APA approved the proposed standard next year, you should definitely consider showing her, Darris!

Quote:
Correction, she was one of yours!!
wink.png
lol.png

She is also the one that gave me the chick too!

Last edited:
Quote:
I love speckled eggs. Do they change, or are they consistently speckled? Do you have a picture?

I'm so excited, I get to go look at a breeders flock of Marans this next Saturday. I am considering buying eggs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom