Pictures of Possible APA Standard Marans Please...

60ACRES love the splatter eggs those are my favorite..
love.gif

Quote:
Kathy I really like the color of the first pullet. No mossy or partridge. Her tail does set a little high but it's so hard to get the correct color any more in a BC hen that I would keep her and work with her with a good rooster that had a more relax not-so-set-high tail. I guess what I am saying is that I would rather have a higher set tail with good plumage color than a more relaxed tail on a mossy or partridge hen.

The second one with the white feather can could correct itself. That can come from a damaged follicle or hormones. If you pluck it and it comes back white then you may have a problem. She also has a good tail set.

I wouldn't cull either at this point at all. They are both to young.

But over all its your call.
Good Luck !!

Alice I like them all...........they are young.......give them more time. Again........I favor a black breast with the slightest of a hint of copper color.
I really like to see good plumage in BC's........they seem to have promise at this age.

thumbsup.gif

Asides from the lack of feathering on the shanks, do you guys thinks this cockerel has too much Red plumage on the chest? Any imput would be appreciated. I have 3 decent feathered shank cockerels, but this boy has size on all the others.
376226131.jpg

I don't see too much red on his breast, but then again, I can't see much of his breast. He does have SOME feathers on his shanks, so he carries at least one feathering gene. I'd use him if he is noticeably bigger than your other two. Size was one of the biggest beefs at the APA recognition event. We need bigger roos. I say use him and select for better foot feathering later on. Feathers are a lot easier to add than size.

I like him a a lot. I think the coloring on the breast is good as well from what I can see. May have a tad to much yellowing his is hackles, Good looking comb. I also like his tail.

What cause the lack of feathering on the shanks? A cross with a Non-feathered shank bird?

He's a keeper.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom