Pictures of Possible APA Standard Marans Please...

Thank you Brenda,
He is an Amy Buboltz boy. His bro has the feathered shanks, and has better coloring, smaller though. But, this boy is a man. This year is my first year with these birds. I have a few Birchens too. My Bruno maybe a double off the French Standards picture. I just put in a couple of nice girls for him. I look forward to doing alot of experimenting with the lines I have. Should be fun. Thank you again for the go ahead with more breedings with this fella.
Bruno
366538261.jpg

Right now I have Reggie on my main flock of girls. I am ready to switch things up for some different mixes

376225519.jpg

This is Ty, another feathered shank boy

376226132.jpg

This is the Brother that has the feathered shanks

376226134.jpg

I used a bird colored like Reggie for most of this spring and almost ALL of the pullets grew out solid black. I had read somewhere that that color would get you black hackled pullets but didn't give it much credence. I sure do now. Not hoping you get black, just saying, if you do, blame Reggie.

I put 10 of Reggie's eggs in the Bator 2 days ago. I am switching to Ty ( a Thom Dean cockerel ) for the next few months. I plan on mixing these lines up. And having 6 cockerels/Roo's helps. I like the idea of putting the big Buboltz boy on my Ray Valentine girl. She too those is a Darker bird and is a haus. That will be a killer breeding.
I am heading out to bring her in. I just made them a new pen, and they don't always gettin into the coop at nite. I'll pop a pic of her off for you.
I'll keep bouncing cockerels around and raise small test flocks of each mix of lines to grow out. Might take me 4 years to figure it all out. Who needs any colors projects? lolol I hope to make some nice birds to share here real soon.
Here is the Ray baby girl. I like to take her to the big boy
378428003.jpg

378428002.jpg

Last edited:
All but 4 of my Marans are under a year old. She is an early May hatch. I like her. She is getting royal treatment. I'll try the biggest boys I have on her.

...and now here is my boy "Sid". (named after Sid Vicious, he is living up to his name)
He is right at 7 months, he is huge in my eyes, but they are untrained eyes. So, lets have it, I know a few of his faults and good points, let me have it!

Sid
27420_sid_eye.jpg

27420_sid2.jpg

27420_sid1.jpg

27420_sid3.jpg

These were taken at dusk with a flash
27420_frontsidesid.jpg

27420_frontsid.jpg

*edited to add side shots

Last edited:
60, do you have any pics from the front? He looks like a nice boy, but he appears to be a bit light in the breast - that will definitely fill out, but a good 3/4 shot or full front shot will show how much space he's got between his legs, which is an indicator of how large his breast will be. I like him, but I like your pullet a bit better! They should throw nice-quality stock!!

60acres... Coming from my untrained eye I think Sid is a VERY good looking specimen! From the pics it looks to me like he has most of the attrributes of what we are looking for. I am having a hard time finding any faults on him. Would be nice to see a front pic but I would say for sure you got a keeper! Keep up the good work! What are the faults you see?

Chef

Thanks Wynette & Chef, I added some different shots up there. The only fault that I can find so far would be the comb. I think the colors, shape & build all conform, oh, he is not nice and cuddley, does that count against him?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom