Pictures of your home-made coops and runs!

Pics
We just added lots of photos to our page. check it out. Our coop is working very well so far. We've had 6 chickens for just over 5 months and just started getting eggs.

104170_img_0274.jpg

Okay here is ours looks done but there is some more I want to add to the uncovered area of the run. Some trim inside and out that needs finished and landscaping to be done. In the spring I am adding a rubber liner to the duck pond since the old fiberglass tub is cracking.

The walls are made 4'x14' oak pallets that hubby brought home from work covered in salvaged osb, shingles I paid $1 for at an auction for a whole skid including 4 rolls of roofing paper. some of the boards are new some are auctions buys. All the wire is reused from cages we had around our fruit trees that was given to us by a friend that used them for cages around his fruit trees. Most of it is all scrounged materials but there is a lot of specialty things I had to by new like the skylights in the covered run area. I have been told it is huge the coop being 8x14, the covered run being 16x16 and the outside inclosure is 24x40. Here are some pics. I am planning on building a much smaller breeder coop in the summer off to the side behind my hammock.

from the front:
931_100_1676.jpg

the side with the picnic area
931_100_1487.jpg

931_100_1677.jpg

from Hubby's kennels
931_100_1680.jpg

931_100_1502.jpg

inside the coop
931_100_1492.jpg

931_100_1491.jpg

And the run
931_100_1439.jpg

931_100_1914.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, so here is my coop. It was built in the 1940's and has a concrete floor. It is about 20X70 but I only use half of it for the girls. I have great ventalation with two large cupolas that I can control from the inside. I have electric inside and water right out the front door. I currently have 28 hens and one rooster.

Ok, so here is my coop. It was built in the 1940's and has a concrete floor. It is about 20X70 but I only use half of it for the girls. I have great ventalation with two large cupolas that I can control from the inside. I have electric inside and water right out the front door. I currently have 28 hens and one rooster.

:love

My dream chicken mansion. :love

That is awesome!

MDH built this with little experience, and I think he did a nice job! I don't have a run, my 3 hens have the run of the whole back yard while the sun is up! I'm still waiting for my husband to build nesting boxes, so we are using a new hooded cat litter box!! They like it so much my younger hens sometimes stay in the box after laying, so when Pearl needs to lay and raises a ruckus-its time to evict the squatter!

Back
Top Bottom