Pigeon Talk

I just got back from loft check... Loper has one hatched and another halfway out it looks like. Her I don't really want to stress too much as she is still a bit wild. Tomorrow I see if we have 2*live babies.:)

Most of the first round of plastic eggs have been abandoned and 2 pairs have laid a second clutch of 2 eggs so I have to get those replaced!:barnie

He does seem a bit slow in development. Maybe due to the cold?:confused:

I’m guessing so. Plus they are pretty small birds too.

Have you banded him yet?

I have not. Leg is still plenty small. I’m sure I have at least several more days to be able to do it.

I just got back from loft check... Loper has one hatched and another halfway out it looks like. Her I don't really want to stress too much as she is still a bit wild. Tomorrow I see if we have 2*live babies.:)

Most of the first round of plastic eggs have been abandoned and 2 pairs have laid a second clutch of 2 eggs so I have to get those replaced!:barnie

Pigeon math. :D

Speaking of banding, guess what? One of my homers had a plastic snap band on, and it fell off! It didn't even snap to get back off. But the homer is fine.

That’s odd. Wonder if it got hung on something and he pulled it off? Did you find the band?

just posted about wishing for it to be summer

Traitor. :lau

I’ve got to get a new window unit for the main part of my house before the real heat starts. If not my main unit overloads. My house may be tiny but it’s from the 30s. Not much in the way of insulation.

I’ve got peeping in my incubator this morning. Several new Serama babies to hold me over until my pigeons start laying and setting.

My dun Zitterhall pair have been feeding each other all week and we’re in the nest box every time I walked by yesterday. :fl:fl:fl

Traitor. :lau

I’ve got to get a new window unit for the main part of my house before the real heat starts. If not my main unit overloads. My house may be tiny but it’s from the 30s. Not much in the way of insulation.

I’ve got peeping in my incubator this morning. Several new Serama babies to hold me over until my pigeons start laying and setting.

My dun Zitterhall pair have been feeding each other all week and we’re in the nest box every time I walked by yesterday. :fl:fl:fl

Serama babies! I have 7 in a brooder, 3 chicks with broody mommas, and about 6 more broodies on eggs. :love

Post some pics when they hatch!

Back
Top Bottom