Pipd's Peeps!

Oh, I don't know what I was looking at then for a show in the spring. Lol
I think dog's quicks are similar. Because if you let them over grow, the quick will be longer too. However, each time you trim the quick shrinks. Eventually with consistent trims, you can get the dog's nails back to where they should be. Maybe it's the same with birds?
I've seen a few hawks around here. The fields are getting harvested, so they know there are easier to see meals popping up.

I've heard that yes, with consistent trimmings, their quick recedes. I think ( / hope?) that they'll be on the ground before that becomes necessary, though, because they were really not happy with me for doing it. :lol:

We have issues with juvenile hawks around February or March usually. This guy's starting early. :hmm It's been around for a while without success, so I'm really hoping it eventually takes the hint and moves on.

Oh, no, but I wish I had known about that one! They hosted the Ameraucana Breeders Club national meet this year! :drool How are your Doms growing out, by the way? Any change with the biter?

My little OEGB couple apparently are out of a top line for their variety, but I can't remember for the life of me whose line the seller said they were out of. :oops: But I do have her number, so I can always contact her and ask. They have OEGBCA (edit: Old English Game Bantam Club of America) leg bands with IDs, but I can't find on their website how to look up a bird by that ID, if that's even possible. :barnie

Little mister has been crowing almost non-stop today, by the way! It's such an adorable little crow, I have to smile every time! :love

EEK, thanks, Shadow rabbit! They are so small and stinkin' adorable! :love :love :love

In other news, Vira has started squatting for me already! :eek: The little Mottleds are only a day over 22 weeks old--seems early for that in Cochin bantams, at least to me!

More pictures of the OEGBs today! Okay, I probably should have waited a bit longer to do so (yeah, that never happens), but I think I've already picked out their names. :oops: It started Monday, when I all of the sudden began calling the little mister, 'Winston'. I had seen the name somewhere recently and I guess it just stuck in my mind, and, well, now it stuck on him. :p Anyway, I had been rewatching this very short British comedy series called Fawlty Towers, and the name of the wife struck me as a very English name, which is sort of the direction I wanted to go with their names since they're Old English Game bantams, so I started calling little miss, 'Sybil'. (Yes, I know Sybil is not actually an English name, but likely as a result of where the idea came from for me, it just sounds Englishy to me, I guess. :lol: I have no excuses.)

Anyway, so here are a few pictures of them this morning. The lighting is very hit-or-miss because my phone's camera wanted to brighten everything, but these are as good as I could get.

Winston, with Sybil peeking out from under him:

Winston.jpg

"...What are you doing?" :lol:

Winston confused.jpg

A little better picture of Sybil. She did a lovely job of stepping in poo and then using that to coat her leg in their feed. :sick I can't get over how TINY she is! :love

Sybil.jpg

She's so cute! :love

Sybil close up.jpg

Look at this attitude! Yep, she's gonna fit in swell around here. :lol:

Sybil cutie.jpg

I wish that the camera in my phone would pick up their color better. They are so, so pretty! I think that first picture of Winston in this post is pretty close to their in-person color, at least on my screen. If all goes well with quarantine ( :fl ), I should be able to get lots of pictures of them with my good camera to show it better. I'm just so enamored with them. :love Someone explain to me, why didn't I get OEGBs sooner?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom