Pipd's Peeps!

Well, peace was briefly shattered here. :barnie Rigel and Toliman had an out-and-out war through the fence and both of them are thoroughly bloodied. Doesn't look like much damage was actually done, but they both have some nicks and swelling, and Rigel's face was so encrusted with blood that his eye was glued shut. They seem to be okay now and are no longer fighting, so maybe they rattled each other's pea brains enough to knock some sense into each other. View attachment 1933023 Roosters!
:thGood thing there was a fence!

Yep, boys will be boys! They were back at it at roost time last night, too. :he Starting to consider some rearrangement now. The extra boys will be going to process soon, so any change should only need to be temporary. In the mean time, I do need to try Oberon out in the main flock again to see if he'll work out or if he'll need to go, too...

Just a few pictures from today. It's sunny, but chilly and suuuper windy, so the girls are mostly just avoiding the wind by hanging out in the coop and around the bushes. Definitely feeling more like October now!!
windy day.gif

Anyway, pictures! Here's Mavis being a feed hog while Vivi waits patiently for her turn. :rolleyes: Cazzie was also waiting just out of view on the right.

feed pan hog.jpg

With all the wind, there's a lot more activity in the coop than usual. Can you tell that a few birds have been molting? :p

keeping busy.jpg

Speaking of molting, the latest to go is Lydda. Poor girl was perfectly fine and laying one day, and like this the next. :th

Lydda molt 1.jpg
Lydda molt 2.jpg

Here's Fancy avoiding the wind by hiding in the old nest box structure:

Fancy.jpg

Grumpy Ganymede tucked herself by where the leaves pile at the corner of the fence. A bit impractical for wind protection, but she seems happy, err, I guess? :p

Ganymede grumpy.jpg

Roha and Rangi didn't care about the wind, they just wanted my attention. :love

Roha and Rangi.jpg

Ihi looking inquisitive about why I'm looking at her. :p "That doesn't look like food..."

Ihi inquisitive.jpg

Wynne :love I'm happy I finally got another decent side-shot of her! Her picture on my flock page is from like 6 years ago. :p

Wynne.jpg

Vivi's so shiny in the sun. :love :love

Vivi bright eyes.jpg

Here's Reinette, back at full health and looking stunning again. :love Her bloomers are glowing in the one patch of sun that was hitting her. :p

Reinette.jpg

Duckies being adorable. :love Crash was so suspicious of me and kept turning her head back and forth to look at me with both eyes.

Crash and Malcolm.jpg

And, last up, lucky picture 13 on the 13th of October, it's Fifi looking hopefully up at me. :love Oh, that poofy beard just kills me!!

Fifi face.jpg

Just a few pictures from today. It's sunny, but chilly and suuuper windy, so the girls are mostly just avoiding the wind by hanging out in the coop and around the bushes. Definitely feeling more like October now!! View attachment 1933603

Anyway, pictures! Here's Mavis being a feed hog while Vivi waits patiently for her turn. :rolleyes: Cazzie was also waiting just out of view on the right.

View attachment 1933590

With all the wind, there's a lot more activity in the coop than usual. Can you tell that a few birds have been molting? :p

View attachment 1933596

Nice pictures!

The ones molting are doing great too!
Speaking of molting, the latest to go is Lydda. Poor girl was perfectly fine and laying one day, and like this the next. :th

View attachment 1933597 View attachment 1933598

Here's Fancy avoiding the wind by hiding in the old nest box structure:

View attachment 1933589

Grumpy Ganymede tucked herself by where the leaves pile at the corner of the fence. A bit impractical for wind protection, but she seems happy, err, I guess? :p

View attachment 1933594

Roha and Rangi didn't care about the wind, they just wanted my attention. :love

View attachment 1933600

Ihi looking inquisitive about why I'm looking at her. :p "That doesn't look like food..."

View attachment 1933595

Wynne :love I'm happy I finally got another decent side-shot of her! Her picture on my flock page is from like 6 years ago. :p

View attachment 1933602

Vivi's so shiny in the sun. :love :love

View attachment 1933601

Here's Reinette, back at full health and looking stunning again. :love Her bloomers are glowing in the one patch of sun that was hitting her. :p

View attachment 1933599

Duckies being adorable. :love Crash was so suspicious of me and kept turning her head back and forth to look at me with both eyes.

View attachment 1933587

And, last up, lucky picture 13 on the 13th of October, it's Fifi looking hopefully up at me. :love Oh, that poofy beard just kills me!!

View attachment 1933593

Somebody laid the greenest egg I think I've ever seen in my flock today!
heart eyes.gif
And I think it was Mona!

Mona egg 10-16-19.jpg

Unfortunately, it was soft enough shelled that when I stamped the date on it, my stamper pressed the side in. :hmm Oh, well. They have oyster shell available at all times, so I'm hoping it was just a hiccup and not a sign that she's not eating her oyster shell like she should!

Somebody laid the greenest egg I think I've ever seen in my flock today! View attachment 1936541 And I think it was Mona!

View attachment 1936542

Unfortunately, it was soft enough shelled that when I stamped the date on it, my stamper pressed the side in. :hmm Oh, well. They have oyster shell available at all times, so I'm hoping it was just a hiccup and not a sign that she's not eating her oyster shell like she should!
That is a very pretty green egg!

Back
Top Bottom