Pipd's Peeps!

Yes, I use a basic rotating date stamper from the hobby store to stamp the date on the eggs I collect every day. I guess that's sort of taboo; I've seen a couple discussions around BYC about how you're not supposed to use stampers unless they're food grade / latex-free, but I'm not really sure how that makes a difference as long as your ink is food grade. :idunno I don't sell eggs, so I suppose it doesn't really matter in my case. :)

The Central Indiana Poultry Show is tomorrow--it really snuck up on me this year!! :eek: So I'm making preparations today. Mostly, that's just making sure my 'show-going' clothes and boots are clean. Not really sure if I want to bring anything home this year. However, I have been wanting to get 'black' Silver Duckwing OEGBs or one of a few other varieties that would cross well into my Fawn SDWs (welllll, and there's a district meet for Dutch bantams there this year, so... :drool :oops: ), so I do have some things in mind if we happen to see any of quality for sale there. We'll see. The quarantine coop is set up and ready if it happens.

Either way, I'm making sure my phone is dead today so that I can charge it and have it at 100% for pictures tomorrow! :D They remodeled the barns so the show is all indoors this year, which means I shouldn't have to freeze my fingers off to get pictures of the birds this time. I can't wait! :celebrate Be braced for pictures of whatever catches my fancy this year. :p

The Central Indiana Poultry Show is tomorrow--it really snuck up on me this year!! :eek: So I'm making preparations today. Mostly, that's just making sure my 'show-going' clothes and boots are clean. Not really sure if I want to bring anything home this year. However, I have been wanting to get 'black' Silver Duckwing OEGBs or one of a few other varieties that would cross well into my Fawn SDWs (welllll, and there's a district meet for Dutch bantams there this year, so... :drool :oops: ), so I do have some things in mind if we happen to see any of quality for sale there. We'll see. The quarantine coop is set up and ready if it happens.

Either way, I'm making sure my phone is dead today so that I can charge it and have it at 100% for pictures tomorrow! :D They remodeled the barns so the show is all indoors this year, which means I shouldn't have to freeze my fingers off to get pictures of the birds this time. I can't wait! :celebrate Be braced for pictures of whatever catches my fancy this year. :p
Have fun and share pictures from the show!

Definitely will! :D In the mean time, how about a couple totally innocent looking OEGB pullets who were definitely not up to no good before I interrupted them? :p Little stinkers!

Innocent OEGBs 10-18-19.jpg

Nothing at all, of course! Definitely not pulling feathers on the bigger, less limber birds and running before they were caught! :rolleyes: :p

I am home now from the Central Indiana show and have a TON of pictures! I didn't bring anyone home after all, so no one new to introduce, just lots of pictures of pretty birds. :D Give me a bit to crop and save all of them and they'll be posted ASAP!

Sooooo, I may have gone a little crazy with the pictures today... :oops: I cropped 65 pictures, and that's not even all of them that I took (lots of doubles just in case, blurry pics from movement, etc.). I made the mistake of just putting variety and breed in as the names of the pictures... which sorted them by variety instead of breed.
facepalm head shake.gif
So after renaming all of them as breed, variety, now I can upload them and post them by breed. Yaaay! :p

Anyway, they are in alphabetical order by breed, and since there are so many I'm putting them at thumbnail size just to be safe. Just click to view full size. :) BYC has a 50 image limit per post, so I'm stopping a bit short of that in this post so all the birds of the same breed are together. Let's get started! :D

Blue Andalusian, large fowl rooster. I love blues with heavy lacing like this. :love

Andalusian, Blue rooster.jpg

Brahmas! First was a Buff bantam hen who was totally adorable. :love Then a large fowl Dark hen who was just gorgeous!

Brahma, Buff bantam hen.jpg Brahma, LF Dark hen.jpg

Cochins!! Lots and lots of Cochins! :D First the bantams. A lovely Birchen hen:

Cochin, Birchen bantam hen.jpg

Lemon Blue and Lemon Splash:

Cochin, Lemon Blue bantam rooster.jpg Cochin, Lemon Splash bantam rooster.jpg

This Mottled hen was a complete sphere! :p

Cochin, Mottled bantam hen circle.jpg Cochin, Mottled bantam hen.jpg

Frizzled Red hen who didn't want my attention after this one shot. :lol:

Cochin, Red Frizzled bantam hen.jpg

Large Fowl Cochins. First two are the same Cuckoo Frizzled hen. Last one is a Black rooster who was VERY interested in my phone. :lol:

Cochin, LF Cuckoo Frizzled hen.jpg Cochin, LF Cuckoo Frizzled hen face.jpg Cochin, LF Black rooster up close and personal.jpg

Cornish Games. (NOT Cornish cross. ;) ) First is a Blue Laced Red and second is a Blue Spangled.

Cornish Game, Blue Laced Red hen.jpg Cornish Game, Spangled hen.jpg

Spangled Cubalaya. Took me a long time to remember his breed. :love

Cubalaya, Spangled rooster.jpg

D'anvers. First is a Porcelain hen who let me take a few shots of her back (this was the best one), and the second is a Silver Quail hen who was just too cute. :love

D'Anver, Porcelain hen.jpg D'Anver, Silver Quail hen face.jpg D'Anver, Silver Quail hen.jpg

D'uccles. First is a Golden Neck pullet, second is a Mille Fleur rooster.

D'Uccle, Golden Neck bantam pullet close up.jpg D'Uccle, Golden Neck bantam pullet.jpg D'Uccle, Mille Fleur rooster.jpg

Dutch! AAAH, Dutch are so cute!! :love I was super tempted to bring home some Blue Cream Light Brown (like the hen in the first picture), but decided it would be best not to. The other two are Mille Fleur and Silver.

Dutch, Blue Cream Light Brown hen.jpg Dutch, Mille Fleur hen.jpg Dutch, Silver hen.jpg

Black La Fleche hen. Same hen, but I took a second picture to show that wicked comb! :eek:

La Fleche, Black hen comb.jpg La Fleche, Black hen.jpg

Modern Game bantams. Hooo, boy, these bitties are so charmingly awkward! :love First three pictures are Birchen, then there's one pic of three Brown Red hens.

Modern Game, Birchen bantam cock.jpg Modern Game, Birchen bantam hens.jpg Modern Game, Birchen bantams.jpg Modern Game, Brown Red bantam hens.jpg

More Moderns. Two Lemon Blues, two Silver Blues, and a Silver Duckwing, all hens / pullets.

Modern Game, Lemon Blue bantam hen face.jpg Modern Game, Lemon Blue bantam hen stretch.jpg Modern Game, Silver Blue bantam hen front.jpg Modern Game, Silver Blue bantam hen.jpg Modern Game, Silver Duckwing bantam hen.jpg

Red Naked Neck. Okay, I couldn't help myself on this dude. :oops: :p

Naked Neck, Red large fowl rooster.jpg

New Hampshire bantam. :love She was so pretty!

New Hampshire bantam hen.jpg

Next post will have the rest of the pictures! :D

(Edited for a typo.)

Last edited:
Okay, more pictures!! :D

Old English Game Bantams
. Y'all know I love my OEGBs, so there are a ton of pictures of them! :love

First is a Birchen hen having a rest and looking totally adorable. :love

OEGB, Birchen hen.jpg

Black Breasted Red rooster. I was taking pictures of hens around him and he was posing so handsomely, so I had to grab a shot of him, too.

OEGB, Black Breasted Red cock.jpg

Blue Red hen :love

OEGB, Blue Red hen.jpg

Blue Wheatens. The second one may be a Black Tailed Buff, I don't remember for sure. The BTBs that were there just looked like black Wheatens to me, so... :confused:

OEGB, Blue Wheaten hen 2.jpg OEGB, Blue Wheaten hen.jpg

Brown Red hen. ARGH, the cute face! :love

OEGB, Brown Red hen face.jpg OEGB, Brown Red hen.jpg

Creles, a male and a female. The hen was having none of my photo shoot. :p

OEGB, Crele cock.jpg OEGB, Crele hen.jpg

Lemon Blue and two Silver Blues. Those lemons are sooo friendly every time :love :love

OEGB, Lemon Blue hen.jpg OEGB, Silver Blue hen back.jpg OEGB, Silver Blue hen.jpg

And finally, Silver Duckwing. :love The hen in the second picture was trying to yell over all the sound of the show. Way too cute. :love

OEGB, Silver Duckwing hen face.jpg OEGB, Silver Duckwing hen.jpg

Silver Phoenix hen. I just have a thing for this pattern, I guess. :p

Phoenix, LF Silver hen.jpg

Barred Plymouth Rock bantam rooster. He didn't cooperate, but I just had to get a shot of those stripes. :love

Plymouth Rock, Barred bantam rooster.jpg

White Crowned Chocolate Polish hen. :love I love my chocolate!! :p The first picture is a bit washed out, but looks truer to her color. Second one was without washing out, but she looks black instead of chocolate in that pic. :hmm

Polish, White Crowned Chocolate hen color.jpg Polish, White Crowned Chocolate hen.jpg

Rhode Island Red hens. First is a bantam and the other two are large fowls.

Rhode Island Red bantam hen face.jpg Rhode Island Red LF hen.jpg Rhode Island Red show quality LF hen.jpg

There were production RIRs entered in the show, too. This pic shows a production quality hen next to the show quality hen. I thought the contrast was interesting! (Production quality hen didn't want to look up from preening, though. :p )

Rhode Island Red production and show quality side by side.jpg

Black Rosecomb bantam hen. :love These guys are just so shapely and easy on the eyes. Wish the boys had cooperated for pictures, too!

Rosecomb, Black bantam hen.jpg

Frizzled Mille Fleur Serama hen. Ain't that a mouthful! :p

Serama, Mille Fleur Frizzled hen.jpg

Silver Silkie. Not a fan of Silkies, especially the overly poofy faceless kind, but I do love this pattern. :love

Silkie, SIlver hen.jpg

White Faced Black Spanish rooster. Like with the Naked Neck, he was just so odd that I had to get a pic. :p

Spanish, White Faced Black rooster.jpg

Blue Sumatra. I think I take a picture of every one of these I see in show, but man, that blue lacing. :love :drool :love

Sumatra, Blue hen.jpg

And, finally, a Partridge Wyandotte bantam hen. She was cute and round and sat still. :love

Wyandotte, Partridge bantam hen.jpg

That's all!
forehead wipe whew.gif
Enjoy! :D

Sooooo, I may have gone a little crazy with the pictures today... :oops: I cropped 65 pictures, and that's not even all of them that I took (lots of doubles just in case, blurry pics from movement, etc.). I made the mistake of just putting variety and breed in as the names of the pictures... which sorted them by variety instead of breed. View attachment 1939022 So after renaming all of them as breed, variety, now I can upload them and post them by breed. Yaaay! :p

Anyway, they are in alphabetical order by breed, and since there are so many I'm putting them at thumbnail size just to be safe. Just click to view full size. :) BYC has a 50 image limit per post, so I'm stopping a bit short of that in this post so all the birds of the same breed are together. Let's get started! :D

Blue Andalusian, large fowl rooster. I love blues with heavy lacing like this. :love

View attachment 1939026

Brahmas! First was a Buff bantam hen who was totally adorable. :love Then a large fowl Dark hen who was just gorgeous!

View attachment 1939027 View attachment 1939028

Cochins!! Lots and lots of Cochins! :D First the bantams. A lovely Birchen hen:

View attachment 1939029

Lemon Blue and Lemon Splash:

View attachment 1939030 View attachment 1939031

This Mottled hen was a complete sphere! :p

View attachment 1939035 View attachment 1939036

Frizzled Red hen who didn't want my attention after this one shot. :lol:

View attachment 1939037

Large Fowl Cochins. First two are the same Cuckoo Frizzled hen. Last one is a Black rooster who was VERY interested in my phone. :lol:

View attachment 1939034 View attachment 1939033 View attachment 1939032

Cornish Games. (NOT Cornish cross. ;) ) First is a Blue Laced Red and second is a Blue Spangled.

View attachment 1939038 View attachment 1939039

Spangled Cubalaya. Took be a long time to remember his breed. :love

View attachment 1939040

D'anvers. First is a Porcelain hen who let me take a few shots of her back (this was the best one), and the second is a Silver Quail hen who was just too cute. :love

View attachment 1939041 View attachment 1939042 View attachment 1939043

D'uccles. First is a Golden Neck pullet, second is a Mille Fleur rooster.

View attachment 1939044 View attachment 1939045 View attachment 1939046

Dutch! AAAH, Dutch are so cute!! :love I was super tempted to bring home some Blue Cream Light Brown (like the hen in the first picture), but decided it would be best not to. The other two are Mille Fleur and Silver.

View attachment 1939047 View attachment 1939050 View attachment 1939052

Black La Fleche hen. Same hen, but I took a second picture to show that wicked comb! :eek:

View attachment 1939054 View attachment 1939055

Modern Game bantams. Hooo, boy, these bitties are so charmingly awkward! :love First three pictures are Birchen, then there's one pic of three Brown Red hens.

View attachment 1939056 View attachment 1939057 View attachment 1939058 View attachment 1939059

More Moderns. Two Lemon Blues, two Silver Blues, and a Silver Duckwing, all hens / pullets.

View attachment 1939060 View attachment 1939061 View attachment 1939062 View attachment 1939063 View attachment 1939064

Red Naked Neck. Okay, I couldn't help myself on this dude. :oops: :p

View attachment 1939065

New Hampshire bantam. :love She was so pretty!

View attachment 1939066

Next post will have the rest of the pictures! :D
My favorites were the dark cornish and the la fleche

Back
Top Bottom