Pittsburgh, PA (AKA Steeler Country, West PA, East OH, North WV)!

Not quite a chicken owner, yet, but will be in August!! I have no idea what I am getting myself into, but the house we are moving to comes with a gorgeous coop and egg-laying hens!! I will check with other board, if we have them, on where to process chickens if the time comes to that. There is a possibility that the coop contains a rooster so we may need to take care of him seeing as the city ordinance doesn't allow for roosters. Anywho I definitely am looking forward to learning about how to take care of my girls!!
Welcome to the wonderful world of chickens!! It is certainly an interesting journey.... there is an incredible amount of research material available under the Learning Center tab above and there is also a very active PA thread which is were you will most likely find many of us hanging out on a daily basis! Come on over and sit for a while!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/248345/pennsylvania-unite/43090#post_13718518

Hello Everyone. I am located in Portersivlle, Pa about an hour north of Pittsburgh. I just wanted to let anyone know that may be interested that I will be starting to process poultry in the spring if anyone is in need. I am not looking to do any HUGE orders, but would be glad to do your older hens, roosters, or broilers if needed. I am not a USDA/PDA inspected facility, so your birds will not technically be legal for resell to other customers, but are perfectly legal for your own consumption. Please let me know if anyone is interested.

I will be visiting family in Beaver, Pa in April and helping them set up their brooder and coop. Where can you purchase chicks locally and will they be available in April? I'm
In Georgia and ours are available in February. TIA!

Hello Everyone. I am located in Portersivlle, Pa about an hour north of Pittsburgh. I just wanted to let anyone know that may be interested that I will be starting to process poultry in the spring if anyone is in need. I am not looking to do any HUGE orders, but would be glad to do your older hens, roosters, or broilers if needed. I am not a USDA/PDA inspected facility, so your birds will not technically be legal for resell to other customers, but are perfectly legal for your own consumption. Please let me know if anyone is interested.
Where is Portersville and how much do you charge a bird? These would be Light Sussex.
We are in Ligonier, 15658.
Thanks!
Karen

Hi everyone! I'm located in preston county WV... right outside of Morgantown. :) Do any of you ever sell easter eggers (or any others that due the blue/green eggs) and come up this way? I've been looking high and low for some!

Hi everyone! I'm located in preston county WV... right outside of Morgantown. :) Do any of you ever sell easter eggers (or any others that due the blue/green eggs) and come up this way? I've been looking high and low for some!

come over to the PA board and look for OleTymer.... (not positive on spelling)
She is in SW Pa and has EEs, I'm not sure if she sells eggs, but most likely does.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/248345/pennsylvania-unite/47970#post_14576627

Last edited:

Hi! Morgantown here! I could get a few "olive eggers" to you, marans roo over ameraucana hens.

Back
Top Bottom