Pittsburgh, PA (AKA Steeler Country, West PA, East OH, North WV)!

Located 1 1/2 hours south of Pittsburgh, 1/2 hour south of Morgantown, WV. Interested in getting a few layers and maybe a batch of meat birds this spring. Not interested in doing my own butchering. Can anyone recommend a local chicken processor?
I can help you with the layers, especially if you want a Rainbow of eggs, but my daughter won't even let me cull any of our birds that get sick or injured let alone eat them so I can't help ya on processing.

I can help you with the layers, especially if you want a Rainbow of eggs, but my daughter won't even let me cull any of our birds that get sick or injured let alone eat them so I can't help ya on processing.
great! How far away are you? what layers could you provide? I'm thinking 4-6 standard size hens, although maybe a bantam or two could be in the batch. I have a 3 year old and 1 year old, so I'd like some sweet, mannerly, kid friendly "pet-like" birds. I'd like a variety just for fun. Any recommendations?

great! How far away are you? what layers could you provide? I'm thinking 4-6 standard size hens, although maybe a bantam or two could be in the batch. I have a 3 year old and 1 year old, so I'd like some sweet, mannerly, kid friendly "pet-like" birds. I'd like a variety just for fun. Any recommendations?
I'm an hour & 15 min from Pittsburgh, 10 min south of Wheeling on the Ohio side of the river. I have a bunch of chicks due in the next 3 weeks (about 100), starting with 40+ due on the 28th. I have 3 bators going right now. Most of what I have in are some mix of Ameraucana &/or Cuckoo Marans. Most will have peacombs (better in our cold winters) & lay some shade of blue, green or olive egg. Some may lay brown as well, but the other colors are more likely. I may also have a couple Silkies available by then as well. I'm trying to decide which of my breeders stay & which go.

Located 1 1/2 hours south of Pittsburgh, 1/2 hour south of Morgantown, WV. Interested in getting a few layers and maybe a batch of meat birds this spring. Not interested in doing my own butchering. Can anyone recommend a local chicken processor?
Any help with a local chicken processor?

We may be making a run to Cabella's sometime in the near future, but nothing planned for sure yet.... we'd be willing to lend a hand if scheduling works out and you'd like a hand. We have done plenty of singles and doubles, but not a larger group yet, so would be some good experience for us also.

These just hatched on the 29th so it will be a while yet before we process. The red broilers grow more slowly than the CX so it will be about 12 weeks before they are ready to process.

Back
Top Bottom