Pittsburgh, PA (AKA Steeler Country, West PA, East OH, North WV)!

Hello Chevy!!!! I'm in Washington county, PA.

welcome-byc.gif
WVFarmgirl

I am not from PA however we camped seasonally at Bay Shore on the Ohio side of Pymatuning from 2003 to 2007. We visited the PA side extinsively during the summer. Great state and great fishing! We moved from NE Ohio last winter and I miss the area. We met and still keep in contact with friends in Pittsburgh who camped at Bay Shore. My daughter and I are big Steeler fans. I hate that they lost to the Titans last week however I am hopeful of a good playoff run.

Just posted on the WV panhandle - and here I am posting here too! As the panhandle I live on is the northern.

My husband grew up in Peter's Twp in Washington County, and I'm from Moon/Coraopolis. We now live in Weirton WV. Our eldest daughter goes to Franciscan U in Steubenville.

We don't have hens yet - but are in the process of organizing wood to build our coop & Hope to have hens/chicks by Feb. Plan to get most at Meyer's, but might get some hatching eggs, too and do some started pullets & some as chicks or eggs. S&S looks like they have some great eggs & its tempting to give it a try! We'll see how it goes.

I'll letcha know when the henhaus is done. Very nice meetin' yinz n'at!
lol.png

Hi--this is my first post here! I live in the city of Pittsburgh (Friendship area). I actually don't have chix yet, but I've been wanting some forever and I think the hubby is now on board! So, I'm hoping to get some this spring/summer. We only have a small lot, so I'm thinking 3 to start with, and what I'd really like is an Easter Egger, a Salmon Faverolle, and a Welsummer. I know I can drive out to Meyer Hatchery and pick them up, or maybe order them from My Pet Chicken, but I'd love to find chicks (those breeds or something similar) nearby if at all possible, or split a larger order with someone, or something.

Also, can anyone direct me to the relevant Pittsburgh city ordinance on keeping hens? I know I researched it a couple years ago and decided it was fine (not specifically allowed, but not forbidden, either), but I'd like to hear what others have found out.

Thanks! Hope to be seeing more of you all!

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
Hyzenthlay and gentleman!

Used to live in Oakmont adjacent to Plum boro. Good luck with you first chicks gentleman...Hyzen...I have no idea what the Pittsburgh codes are, sorry!

Monroeville area. Seems with PennDot the time it takes getting to the city changes every time, lol.

Think they will trade Harrison? If he was a penguin he would be gone,

Back
Top Bottom