Playhouse coop?

Welcome to BYC!

Many have used playhouses....
https://www.backyardchickens.com/search/23465232/?q=playhouse&t=post&o=relevance&c[title_only]=1

Might depend on your climate...waht is your location?
Adding it to your profile is easy, then it's always there!
upload_2018-4-20_18-7-18.png

This was my initial plan for my duck house too! I thought a plastic playhouse would be easy to clean/hose down from the wet messy ducks. You will need to fortify windows and doors to make them safe from predators and make sure there is ventilation, but you should be able to make it work! I ended up with a bunch of free pallets and lumber, the only reason I didn't go the play house route. Good luck! It should be a fun and relatively easy build.

This is my play house set up. I like it because I can separate my chickens ducks and geese at night so there’s no fighting. I plan on getting more so my birds have plenty of sleeping and laying area. I even used a couple of old dog houses. It’s not pretty but it keeps the predators out. We put locks on the doors and windows at night and my husband insulated them also.

Attachments

• 777F0B92-F276-40F1-A1AE-14AD0F696432.jpeg
    777F0B92-F276-40F1-A1AE-14AD0F696432.jpeg
    800.4 KB · Views: 96
I have 3 Pekin ducks so I don’t think it needs to be very big, right? I’m planning on making a run outside of it as well.

If you use a pallet for the floor (about 4'x4') that should be big enough for 3 ducks. They really only sleep in their house. I get home in the evening and they will be hanging out, outside, in the dark, in the snow. Ducks don't roost like chickens so their housing is a bit easier to build. I then used two pallets for walls and leaned them together to make an AFrame. I've seen some other neat pallet coops online too. Do a little google image search and you should uncover some good ideas.

This is my play house set up. I like it because I can separate my chickens ducks and geese at night so there’s no fighting. I plan on getting more so my birds have plenty of sleeping and laying area. I even used a couple of old dog houses. It’s not pretty but it keeps the predators out. We put locks on the doors and windows at night and my husband insulated them also.

You have a whole little village for them! :love

Back
Top Bottom