Please help sex my peafowl!

8 weeks, now - probably still too early to tell if this will be a peahen or a peacock. There is black/sable feathering showing up on the top of the head and on the neck. Flight feathers are white and rust. Today, instead of just saying "whee, whee," Little P is also honking!

Do males and females both honk? It is very cute.

I shall post pics again in another couple of weeks, or when I notice any changes. Thank you, all!

He's still holding on to that barring. Right now he's still showing male characteristics. Please give an update in the next month. I want to say it's safe to say male but just to be sure.

I have a color/gender question about the new peachicks I got this morning. The lady said that they are black shoulder, and that one is bigger than the other so it's probably a pair. If anyone could confirm whether or not she was accurate that would be much appreciated. I have never had any other color/pattern than the wild type India blue, and a purple hen, so I'm lost about them.

the last picture is them with their new adoptive mother, Silks. She was sitting on eggs but they ended up being no good, but at least she has some new youngsters now. And don't worry, she's wormed and such. I also added electrolytes to their water.

Last edited:
@Rocky64
, your sweet peababies are pretty dark, I would be inclined to say you have two peaboys there...
Have you browsed the BYC Peachick Chart for comparison?
http://peafowlimagedatabase.weebly.com/peachick-chart.html
Oh, well that's exactly what I didn't want to hear lol. I already have a pair so I wanted 2 hens but I would've took another pair but it sounds like I have 3 males and 1 female. Looks like 2 of the males are gonna be free range next year lol. Thanks. I haven't looked but I will now. Thank you

Rocky, take some pics straight down from the top, we need a good look at the top of the back.  You may have a pair yet.
Oh, well that gets my hopes up. I'll try to take the pictures later, it's gonna storm on and off all day and is currently downpouring.

Back
Top Bottom