Please help sex my peafowl!

love.gif
Pretty purple

It is a Cameo Pied. I don't see the scalloped breast feathers of a hen nor do I see the barring on the wing feathers but I would tend to call it a cock mostly because of the breast mottling. I get these things wrong a lot so lets see that the experts say.
caf.gif

I bought these eggs at auction - only one hatched. The male in the pen was a silver pied peach. The females were pied, silver pied, white, and white eyed. She said what she had hatch out of the pen earlier in the year were pied, white, peach, white eyes, silver pied, and India blue.

I bought these eggs at auction - only one hatched. The male in the pen was a silver pied peach. The females were pied, silver pied, white, and white eyed. She said what she had hatch out of the pen earlier in the year were pied, white, peach, white eyes, silver pied, and India blue.

That's tough, I just got a little hen that was either Cameo Pied or Peach Pied and the general consensus on here was that she is a Peach Pied. Yours and mine look very similar in coloring. Peach is a Sex-Linked color, which means the only Peaches coming out of that pen should be females. And there shouldn't be any Cameos I don't think. However, your bird looks male to me as well, can you post pics of the chest feathers and maybe on looking down on it's back se we can look for striping on the back and wings?

From this mornings photo shoot. Lol.

Cameras can be funny, does your little one by any chance look more orangey in person, than it does in these pics? And I'm leaning toward hen because I cannot see any stripes anywhere on it, and usually you will see faint ones on males.

Back
Top Bottom