Please, no politics.

Sitka

Songster
10 Years
Jul 7, 2009
Seattle, Washington
I've observed that if you want to see the best of what BYC has to offer, look at just about any post.

If you want to see the worst (true for any other forum) just look at a thread about politics or religion.

The majority of these get UN-civil fast and end up getting locked.

To be honest, I find the political arguing to be discouraging, depressing, and against the spirit of BYC.

Please remember this from the posting rules:

12. We strongly discourage religious and political topics and reserve the right to delete them at our discretion.

This is just a humble request to post politics and religion discussions / rants elsewhere, not on BYC. There are an uncountable number of political sites on the Internet, and IMHO BYC is not the place for politics. I've yet to see anything constructive come out of a BYC political post.

I know, I know, you can say, "Well, don't read them," but it seems to me that political posts take up time, band width, mods' time, and other resources.

Just wanted to mention, since I have seen several posts lately that really stirred people up (and the OP should have known they would.)

bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

Precisely the problem. People are too offended to discuss the falaies(sp?) or the truths about politics, or religion, usually due to blind loyalty and or thier lack of knowledge in either topic. MOST people don't want to be bothered. One "party or the other" who cares is the attitude, just put the game on, get me a beer. The preacher and the governor knows what we need. There ARE sites that deal specifically with both. People in general are a diverse group. Say one thing, it leads to another. Yet another is rambling on about how they don't care for this or that, and off it goes. Hmmm, maybe I'm in the wrong area here.
I think I'll go give my girls and thier 'ol man some cheerios and watch my Betsy Ross blow in the breeze,,,,,,,,

Back
Top Bottom